Couscous vs Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Couscous vs cooked pasta - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is more calories than in cooked pasta.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and cooked pasta 131 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17 %.
In couscous and in cooked pasta most calories came from carbs.
couscous or cooked pasta - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cooked pasta - 17% more than couscous
- Carbohydrates: cooked pasta - 7% more than couscous
- Fat: cooked pasta - 556% more than couscous
- Protein: cooked pasta - 36% more than couscous
- Water: couscous - 6% more than cooked pasta
Couscous vs cooked pasta nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||24.93 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.05 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||5.15 g|
|Water||72.57 g||68.56 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||6 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.14 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||6 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.992 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.104 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in cooked pasta.
There is 5.15g per 100g of cooked pasta and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 36 %.
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in cooked pasta.
There is 24.93g/100g of carbohydrates in cooked pasta and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7 %.
In couscous is less fats than in cooked pasta.
The tables above show us that there is 1.05g/100g of fats in cooked pasta and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 556 %.
See tables below to compare couscous with cooked pasta in details.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: cooked pasta vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cooked pasta 232% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cooked pasta 456% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cooked pasta 1% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: couscous 50% more than cooked pasta
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cooked pasta 593% more than couscous
Minerals: couscous vs cooked pasta
- Calcium: couscous 33% more than cooked pasta
- Iron: cooked pasta 200% more than couscous
- Magnessium: cooked pasta 125% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: cooked pasta 5900% more than couscous
- Potassium: couscous 142% more than cooked pasta
- Sodium: cooked pasta 20% more than couscous
- Zink: cooked pasta 5900% more than couscous
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of cooked pasta
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Gouda cheese
- Avocado oil calories per 100g
- Dried cranberries carbs per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) protein per 100g
- Horseflesh fat per 100g
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How much protein in Grey Goose vodka?