Couscous vs Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is less calories than in cooked pasta.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and cooked pasta 131 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
In couscous and in cooked pasta most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with cooked pasta in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And Cooked pasta Nutrition Difference
Cooked pasta vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||24.93 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.05 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||5.15 g|
|Water||72.57 g||68.56 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||6 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.14 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||6 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.992 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.104 mg|
Less protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in cooked pasta.
There is 5.15g per 100g of cooked pasta and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 36%.
Less carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in cooked pasta.
There is 24.93g/100g of carbohydrates in cooked pasta and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in cooked pasta.
The tables above show us that there is 1.05g/100g of fats in cooked pasta and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 556%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: cooked pasta vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cooked pasta 232% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cooked pasta 456% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cooked pasta 1% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: couscous 50% more than cooked pasta
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cooked pasta 593% more than couscous
Minerals: couscous vs cooked pasta
- Calcium: couscous 33% more than cooked pasta
- Iron: cooked pasta 200% more than couscous
- Magnessium: cooked pasta 125% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: cooked pasta 5900% more than couscous
- Potassium: couscous 142% more than cooked pasta
- Sodium: cooked pasta 20% more than couscous
- Zink: cooked pasta 5900% more than couscous
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of cooked pasta
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Fried egg
- Turkey calories per 100g
- Pineapple juice carbs per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) protein per 100g
- Argan oil fat per 100g
- How many calories does haddock have?
- Calories in a half of udon noodles
- Calories in whole udon noodles
- Calories for one, two or more udon noodles
- Calories in handful of udon noodles
- How much protein in salad greens?