Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Steel cut oats
At first glance, you can see that in steel cut oats is just a little more calories than in quinoa.
Steel cut oats has 375 kcal per 100g and quinoa 368 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In steel cut oats and in quinoa most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare steel cut oats with quinoa in details.
Fact 2: Steel cut oats And Quinoa Nutrition Difference
Quinoa vs Steel cut oats: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Steel cut oats||Quinoa|
|Carbohydrates||67.5 g||64.16 g|
|Fat||6.25 g||6.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||7 g|
|Protein||12.5 g||14.12 g|
|Iron||4.25 mg||4.57 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||563 mg|
Less protein in steel cut oats
It is aslo easy to see see that in steel cut oats is less protein than in quinoa.
There is 14.12g per 100g of quinoa and 12.5g per 100g of steel cut oats so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13%.
More carbohydrates in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is more carbohydrates than in quinoa.
There is 64.16g/100g of carbohydrates in quinoa and 67.5g/100g in steel cut oats so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is more fats than in quinoa.
The tables above show us that there is 6.07g/100g of fats in quinoa and 6.25g/100g in steel cut oats. In this case difference is about 3%.
- Carbohydrates67.5 g
- Fat6.25 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein12.5 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Compares of steel cut oats
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats
- see all compares of steel cut oats
Compares of quinoa
- Calories from Steel cut oats
- Calories of Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Calories in Salsa
- Vodka and tonic calories per 100g
- Red wine vinegar carbs per 100g
- Bratwurst protein per 100g
- Quesadilla with vegetables fat per 100g
- How many calories does american cheese have?
- Calories in a half of Taco Bell Taco
- Calories in whole Taco Bell Taco
- Calories for one, two or more Taco Bell Taco
- How much protein in bagel with cheese and bacon?
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal nutrition
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice calories
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats protein
- Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour sugar
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour vitamins
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour dietary fiber
- All-Purpose Flour vs Almond Flour vitaminium C
- All-Purpose Flour vs Cornstarch magnessium
- Soba Noodles vs Quinoa potassium