Sesame Seeds vs Tahini (Sesame Butter): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sesame
At first glance, you can see that in sesame is just a little less calories than in tahini.
Sesame has 573 kcal per 100g and tahini 595 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4%.
In sesame and in tahini most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sesame with tahini in details.
Fact 2: Sesame And Tahini Nutrition Difference
Tahini vs Sesame: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sesame seeds||Tahini (sesame butter)|
|Carbohydrates||23.45 g||21.19 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||53.76 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||9.3 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||17 g|
|Calcium||975 mg||426 mg|
|Iron||14.55 mg||8.95 mg|
|Magnessium||351 mg||95 mg|
|Potassium||468 mg||414 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||115 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.791 mg||1.22 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.247 mg||0.473 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.515 mg||5.45 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.79 mg||0.149 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||0.25 mg|
More protein in sesame
It is aslo easy to see see that in sesame is more protein than in tahini.
There is 17g per 100g of tahini and 17.73g per 100g of sesame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4%.
More carbohydrates in sesame
In sesame is more carbohydrates than in tahini.
There is 21.19g/100g of carbohydrates in tahini and 23.45g/100g in sesame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 11%.
Less fat in sesame
In sesame is less fats than in tahini.
The tables above show us that there is 53.76g/100g of fats in tahini and 49.67g/100g in sesame. In this case difference is about 8%.
- Carbohydrates23.45 g
- Fat49.67 g
- Dietary fiber11.8 g
- Protein17.73 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 15% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: tahini vs sesame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tahini 54% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tahini 91% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tahini 21% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sesame 430% more than tahini
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame 98880% more than tahini
- Vitaminium E: tahini 0% more than sesame
Minerals: sesame vs tahini
Compares of sesame
- Sesame vs Buckwheat
- Sesame vs Chia Seeds
- Sesame vs Linseed
- Sesame vs Poppy Seed
- Sesame vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame vs Quinoa
- see all compares of sesame
Compares of tahini
- see all compares of tahini
- Calories from Sesame seeds
- Calories of Sunflower Seeds
- Calories in Walnuts
- Basil calories per 100g
- Borage carbs per 100g
- Burdock protein per 100g
- Celery fat per 100g
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How much protein in dandelion?
- Sunflower Seeds vs Almonds nutrition
- Sunflower Seeds vs Peanuts calories
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pine Nuts protein
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pistachios sugar
- Sunflower Seeds vs Cashews vitamins
- Sunflower Seeds vs Walnuts dietary fiber
- Basil vs Cilantro vitaminium C
- Basil vs Spinach magnessium
- Chervil vs Cilantro potassium