Chive: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in chive?
Case in point, handful of chive (12 g) has about 4 calories.
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 4 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of chive is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
Take a look at tables below to see details about chive nutrition.
See all nutrition data of chive on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Chive (12 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of chive (12 g)|
|Carbs Total||4.35 g||1.23 g||0.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||0.71 g||0.3 g|
|Fat||0.73 g||0.21 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||0.93 g||0.4 g|
chive - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A4353 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.078 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.115 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.647 mg
- Vit B50.324 mg
- Vit B60.138 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)105 mcg
- Vit C58.1 mg
- Vit E0.21 mg
- Vit K212.7 mg
Energy content of chive
- 47% CARBS
- 35% PROTEIN
- 18% FAT
chive - minerals per 100g
- Potassium296 mg
- Phosphorus58 mg
- Magnessium42 mg
- Calcium92 mg
- Sodium3 mg
- Iron1.6 mg
- Zink0.56 mg
- Beta karoten2612 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 chives?
As I wrote before handful of chive (12 g) has 4 calories. It is easy to count that two chives have about 8 calories and three chives have about 12 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five chives.
- Handful of chives (12g)4 kcal
- Tablespoon of chive (4g)1 kcal
- Bunch of chives (210g)63 kcal
- Chive cup, chopped (48g)14 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of chive9 kcal
- Half of medium size chive2 kcal
- Small size chive (10g)3.2 kcal
- Big size chive (16g)5.2 kcal
- Two medium size chives8 kcal
- Three medium size chives12 kcal
- Four medium size chives16 kcal
- Five medium size chives20 kcal
Protein in chive
Chive has 3.27 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of chive (12 g) you can see that you will get about 0.4 g of protein.
Carbs in chive
Chive has 4.35 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of chive (12 g) has about 0.5 g of carbs.
Fat in chive
Chive has 0.73 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of chive (12 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
handful of chive (12 g) has:4kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare chive with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how chive looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does oregano have?
- Calories in handful of peppermint leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of peppermint
- Calories in bunch of peppermint leaves
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in rosemary?
- How much fat in sage?
- How much protein in savory?
- What is weight of mint?
- Marjoram calories per ounce (oz)
- Tarragon calories per serving size