Granola vs Cereal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Granola
At first glance, you can see that in granola is more calories than in cereals.
Granola has 489 kcal per 100g and cereals 379 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 29%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in granola cames from fat and in cereals from carbs.
See tables below to compare granola with cereals in details.
Fact 2: Granola And Cereals Nutrition Difference
Cereals vs Granola: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||53.88 g||67.7 g|
|Fat||24.31 g||6.52 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.9 g||10.1 g|
|Protein||13.67 g||13.15 g|
|Water||5.84 g||10.84 g|
|Calcium||76 mg||52 mg|
|Iron||3.95 mg||4.25 mg|
|Magnessium||168 mg||138 mg|
|Potassium||539 mg||362 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.548 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.354 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.739 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.37 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.084 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium E||11.1 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.005 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in granola
It is aslo easy to see see that in granola is more protein than in cereals.
There is 13.15g per 100g of cereals and 13.67g per 100g of granola so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4%.
Less carbohydrates in granola
In granola is less carbohydrates than in cereals.
There is 67.7g/100g of carbohydrates in cereals and 53.88g/100g in granola so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 26%.
More fat in granola
In granola is more fats than in cereals.
The tables above show us that there is 6.52g/100g of fats in cereals and 24.31g/100g in granola. In this case difference is about 273%.
- Carbohydrates53.88 g
- Fat24.31 g
- Dietary fiber8.9 g
- Protein13.67 g
- Water5.84 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 44% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 45% FAT
Vitamins: cereals vs granola
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): granola 19% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): granola 128% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): granola 143% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B6: granola 270% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): granola 163% more than cereals
- Vitaminium E: granola 2543% more than cereals
- Vitaminium K: granola 150% more than cereals
Minerals: granola vs cereals
Compares of granola
Compares of cereals
- Calories from Granola
- Calories of Latte coffee
- Calories in Sirloin steak
- Pulled pork in sauce calories per 100g
- Tuna salad carbs per 100g
- Russet potato protein per 100g
- Skim milk fat per 100g
- How many calories does corn on the cob have?
- Calories in slice of fried bread dough
- How much protein in boiled neck bone?