Pastrami vs Smoked Bacon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pastrami
At first glance, you can see that in pastrami is much less calories than in smoked bacon.
Pastrami has 139 kcal per 100g and smoked bacon 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 183%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in pastrami cames from protein and in smoked bacon from fat.
See tables below to compare pastrami with smoked bacon in details.
Fact 2: Pastrami And Smoked bacon Nutrition Difference
Smoked bacon vs Pastrami: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Pastrami||Smoked bacon|
|Fat||6.21 g||37.13 g|
|Protein||16.3 g||13.66 g|
|Water||71.73 g||46.74 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||6 mg|
|Iron||4.2 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||13 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||345 mg||201 mg|
|Sodium||1123 mg||751 mg|
|Zink||0.2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.055 mg||0.276 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.25 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.527 mg||4.022 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.27 mg||0.266 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.43 mg|
More protein in pastrami
It is aslo easy to see see that in pastrami is more protein than in smoked bacon.
There is 13.66g per 100g of smoked bacon and 16.3g per 100g of pastrami so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
Less fat in pastrami
In pastrami is less fats than in smoked bacon.
The tables above show us that there is 37.13g/100g of fats in smoked bacon and 6.21g/100g in pastrami. In this case difference is about 498%.
- Fat6.21 g
- Protein16.3 g
- Water71.73 g
100g | ounce | slice
- 10% CARBS.
- 48% PROTEIN
- 42% FAT
Vitamins: smoked bacon vs pastrami
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): smoked bacon 402% more than pastrami
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pastrami 209% more than smoked bacon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): smoked bacon 14% more than pastrami
- Vitaminium B6: pastrami 2% more than smoked bacon
- Vitaminium E: smoked bacon 95% more than pastrami
Minerals: pastrami vs smoked bacon
- Calcium: pastrami 83% more than smoked bacon
- Iron: pastrami 1005% more than smoked bacon
- Magnessium: pastrami 8% more than smoked bacon
- Phosphorus: smoked bacon 100% more than pastrami
- Potassium: pastrami 72% more than smoked bacon
- Sodium: pastrami 50% more than smoked bacon
- Zink: smoked bacon 100% more than pastrami
Compares of pastrami
- Pastrami vs Mortadella
- Pastrami vs Pork Sausage
- Pastrami vs Smoked Bacon
- Pastrami vs Smoked Ham
- Pastrami vs Turkey Ham
- Pastrami vs Brisket
- see all compares of pastrami
Compares of smoked bacon
- Calories from Pastrami
- Calories of Tomato juice
- Calories in Tuna
- Belriso calories per 100g
- Bosc pear carbs per 100g
- Mango lassi protein per 100g
- Buttered bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories does Pozole soup have?
- Calories in a half of Digiorno Pizza
- Calories in whole Digiorno Pizza
- Calories for one, two or more Digiorno Pizza
- How much protein in Club Crackers?
- Pastrami vs Smoked Ham nutrition
- Pastrami vs Turkey Ham calories
- Pork Sausage vs Smoked Ham protein
- Pork Sausage vs Turkey Ham sugar
- Smoked Bacon vs Smoked Ham vitamins
- Smoked Ham vs Turkey Ham dietary fiber
- Broccoli vs Green Pepper vitaminium C
- Cabbage vs Green Pepper magnessium
- Okra vs Green Pepper potassium