Cantaloupe vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cantaloupe
At first glance, you can see that in cantaloupe is more calories than in watermelon.
Cantaloupe has 34 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 13%.
In cantaloupe and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cantaloupe with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Cantaloupe And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Cantaloupe: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.16 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||112 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.041 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.05 mg|
More protein in cantaloupe
It is aslo easy to see see that in cantaloupe is more protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.84g per 100g of cantaloupe so using simple math we can see that difference is about 40%.
More carbohydrates in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 8.16g/100g in cantaloupe so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7%.
More fat in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is more fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.19g/100g in cantaloupe. In this case difference is about 27%.
- Carbohydrates8.16 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | half of the melon
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cantaloupe 24% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cantaloupe 312% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B6: cantaloupe 60% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): watermelon 14186% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium C: cantaloupe 353% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium E: watermelon 0% more than cantaloupe
Minerals: cantaloupe vs watermelon
Compares of cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe vs Honeydew Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Watermelon
- Cantaloupe vs Banana
- Cantaloupe vs Pineapple
- Cantaloupe vs Pumpkin
- see all compares of cantaloupe
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Cantaloupe
- Calories of Fried green tomatoes
- Calories in Grilled mahi mahi
- Boiled beets calories per 100g
- Frozen garlic bread carbs per 100g
- Instant soup protein per 100g
- Pumpkin pudding fat per 100g
- How many calories does corn tortilla have?
- Calories in a half of donut
- Calories in whole donut
- Calories for one, two or more doughnuts
- How much protein in falafel?