Chia Seeds vs Linseed: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in linseed.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and linseed 534 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In chia seeds and in linseed most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with linseed in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Linseed Nutrition Difference
Linseed vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Linseed|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||28.8 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||42.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||27.3 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||18.3 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||255 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||5.73 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||392 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||813 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||30 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||4.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||1.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.161 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||3.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||87 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||19.95 mg|
Less protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in linseed.
There is 18.3g per 100g of linseed and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in linseed.
There is 28.8g/100g of carbohydrates in linseed and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 46%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in linseed.
The tables above show us that there is 42.16g/100g of fats in linseed and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 37%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: linseed vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): linseed 165% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 6% more than linseed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 187% more than linseed
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): linseed 78% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 167% more than linseed
- Vitaminium E: linseed 3890% more than chia seeds
Minerals: chia seeds vs linseed
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of linseed
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?