White Onions vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in White onion
At first glance, you can see that in white onion is more calories than in green onions.
White onion has 38 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 19%.
In white onion and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare white onion with green onions in details.
Fact 2: White onion And Green onions Nutrition Difference
- Calories: white onion - 19% more than green onions
- Carbohydrates: white onion - 17% more than green onions
- Fat: green onions - 280% more than white onion
- Dietary fiber: green onions - 37% more than white onion
- Protein: green onions - 120% more than white onion
- Water: white onion - 0% more than green onions
Green onions vs White onion: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||White onions||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||8.61 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.9 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||0.83 g||1.83 g|
|Water||90.1 g||89.83 g|
|Calcium||15 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||0.28 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||182 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.2 mg||18.8 mg|
Less protein in white onion
It is aslo easy to see see that in white onion is less protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 0.83g per 100g of white onion so using simple math we can see that difference is about 120%.
More carbohydrates in white onion
In white onion is more carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 8.61g/100g in white onion so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 17%.
Less fat in white onion
In white onion is less fats than in green onions.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.05g/100g in white onion. In this case difference is about 280%.
- Carbohydrates8.61 g
- Fat0.05 g
- Dietary fiber1.9 g
- Protein0.83 g
- Water90.1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 90% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: green onions vs white onion
Minerals: white onion vs green onions
Compares of white onion
- White Onion vs Leek
- White Onion vs Shallot
- White Onion vs Garlic
- White Onion vs Red Onion
- White Onion vs Green Onions
- see all compares of white onion
Compares of green onion
- Calories from White onions
- Calories of Donut hole
- Calories in Puerto Rican sandwich
- Moscow mule calories per 100g
- Crab rangoon carbs per 100g
- Yellow squash protein per 100g
- Wendys fries fat per 100g
- How many calories does sausage patty have?
- Calories in handful of Jasmine rice
- Calories in tablespoon of Jasmine rice
- Calories in teaspoon of Jasmine rice
- How much protein in english muffin?
- Green Onions vs Cilantro nutrition
- Yellow Bell Pepper vs Sweet Pepper calories
- Garbanzo Beans vs Black Eyed Peas protein
- Kidney Beans vs Black Eyed Peas sugar
- Kidney Beans vs Red Lentils vitamins
- Rutabaga vs Yuca dietary fiber
- Rutabaga vs Red Potato vitaminium C
- Baby Potatoes vs Red Potato magnessium
- Apple vs Clementine potassium