White Onions: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
White onions: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one white onion, cup and more
How many calories in white onion?
To give you an idea, medium size white onion (110 g) has about 42 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size white onion is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 6 minutes, swim for about 5 minutes or run for 4 minutes.
See all nutrition data of white onion on charts.
White onions: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||8.61 g||~ 2.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.9 g||~ 0.5 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||0.83 g||~ 0.2 g|
|Water||90.1 g||~ 25.5 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 white onions?
As I wrote before medium size white onion (110 g) have 42 calories. It is easy to count that two white onions have about 84 calories and three white onions have about 126 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five white onions.
- Medium size white onion (110 g)42 kcal
- Cup of white onion (225g)86 kcal
- Half cup of white onion (112.5g)43 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of white onions11 kcal
- Half of medium size white onion21 kcal
- Small size white onion (88g)33.6 kcal
- Big size white onion (143g)54.6 kcal
- Two medium size white onions84 kcal
- Three medium size white onions126 kcal
- Four medium size white onions168 kcal
- Five medium size white onions210 kcal
Protein in white onion
White onions have 0.83 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size white onion (110 g) you can see that you will get about 0.9 g of protein.
Carbs in white onions
White onions have 8.61 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size white onion (110 g) has about 9.5 g of carbs.
Fat in white onions
White onions have 0.05 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size white onion (110 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size white onion (110 g) has:42kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
white onion - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium C8.2 mg
Energy content of white onion
- 90% CARBS
- 9% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
white onion - minerals per 100g
- Potassium182 mg
- Phosphorus34 mg
- Magnessium9 mg
- Calcium15 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron0.28 mg
- Zink0.2 mg
Interesting charts - compare white onion with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how white onion looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Pad Thai have?
- Calories in a half of brownie
- Calories in whole brownie
- Calories for one, two or more brownies
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Tequila Sunrise?
- How much fat in cooked kale?
- How much protein in fried squash?
- What is weight of boiled cauliflower?
- Frozen broccoli calories per ounce (oz)
- Hoagie roll calories per serving size