Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Steel cut oats
At first glance, you can see that in steel cut oats is just a little more calories than in quick oats.
Steel cut oats has 375 kcal per 100g and quick oats 371 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In steel cut oats and in quick oats most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare steel cut oats with quick oats in details.
Fact 2: Steel cut oats And Quick oats Nutrition Difference
Quick oats vs Steel cut oats: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Steel cut oats||Quick Oats|
|Carbohydrates||67.5 g||68.18 g|
|Fat||6.25 g||6.87 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||9.4 g|
|Protein||12.5 g||13.7 g|
|Iron||4.25 mg||4.64 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||358 mg|
Less protein in steel cut oats
It is aslo easy to see see that in steel cut oats is less protein than in quick oats.
There is 13.7g per 100g of quick oats and 12.5g per 100g of steel cut oats so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10%.
Less carbohydrates in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is less carbohydrates than in quick oats.
There is 68.18g/100g of carbohydrates in quick oats and 67.5g/100g in steel cut oats so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
Less fat in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is less fats than in quick oats.
The tables above show us that there is 6.87g/100g of fats in quick oats and 6.25g/100g in steel cut oats. In this case difference is about 10%.
- Carbohydrates67.5 g
- Fat6.25 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein12.5 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Compares of steel cut oats
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats
- see all compares of steel cut oats
Compares of quick oats
- Calories from Steel cut oats
- Calories of Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Calories in Salsa
- Vodka and tonic calories per 100g
- Red wine vinegar carbs per 100g
- Bratwurst protein per 100g
- Quesadilla with vegetables fat per 100g
- How many calories does american cheese have?
- Calories in a half of Taco Bell Taco
- Calories in whole Taco Bell Taco
- Calories for one, two or more Taco Bell Taco
- How much protein in bagel with cheese and bacon?
- Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour nutrition
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour calories
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour protein
- All-Purpose Flour vs Almond Flour sugar
- All-Purpose Flour vs Cornstarch vitamins
- Soba Noodles vs Quinoa dietary fiber
- Soba Noodles vs Raw Pasta vitaminium C
- Soba Noodles vs Brown Rice magnessium
- Soba Noodles vs Ramen Noodles potassium