Quick Oats: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Quick Oats: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in quick oats?
To illustrate, handful of quick oats (20 g) has about 74 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful quick oats is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 3.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 11 minutes, swim for about 9 minutes or run for 7 minutes.
See all nutrition data of quick oats on charts.
Quick Oats: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of quick oats?
As I wrote before 100g have 371 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of quick oats.
- Handful of quick oats (20g)74 kcal
- Tablespoon of quick oats (10g)37 kcal
- Teaspoon of quick oats (3g)11 kcal
- Cup of quick oats (81g)301 kcal
- Half cup of quick oats (40.5g)150 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of quick oats105 kcal
- 10g of quick oats37 kcal
- 20g of quick oats74 kcal
- 50g of quick oats186 kcal
- 100g of quick oats371 kcal
Protein in quick oats
Quick oats have 13.7 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of quick oats (20 g) you can see that you will get about 2.7 g of protein.
Carbs in quick oats
Quick oats have 68.18 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of quick oats (20 g) has about 13.6 g of carbs.
Fat in quick oats
Quick oats have 6.87 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of quick oats (20 g) has about 1.4 g of fat.
handful of quick oats (20 g) has:74kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
quick oats - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.54 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.12 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.82 mg
- Vitaminium B60.1 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.032 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.42 mg
- Vitaminium K0.002 mg
Energy content of quick oats
- 70% CARBS
- 14% PROTEIN
- 16% FAT
quick oats - minerals per 100g
- Potassium358 mg
- Magnessium270 mg
- Calcium47 mg
- Sodium3 mg
- Iron4.64 mg
Do quick oats cause weight gain? Whether it is good to eat quick oats on diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in quick oats puts this product at the top of hight calorific grain products. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, quick oats seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If quick oats contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare quick oats with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how quick oats look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does duck breast have?
- Calories in tablespoon of caviar
- Calories in teaspoon of caviar
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in tomato sauce?
- How much fat in not reconstituted instant coffee ?
- How much protein in Upma?
- What is weight of cooked shrimp?
- Club sandwich calories per ounce (oz)
- Taco shell calories per serving size