Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Steel cut oats
At first glance, you can see that in steel cut oats is much more calories than in oatmeal.
Steel cut oats has 375 kcal per 100g and oatmeal 68 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 451%.
In steel cut oats and in oatmeal most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare steel cut oats with oatmeal in details.
Fact 2: Steel cut oats And Oatmeal Nutrition Difference
Oatmeal vs Steel cut oats: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Steel cut oats||Oatmeal|
|Carbohydrates||67.5 g||11.67 g|
|Fat||6.25 g||1.36 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||12.5 g||2.37 g|
|Iron||4.25 mg||5.96 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||61 mg|
More protein in steel cut oats
It is aslo easy to see see that in steel cut oats is more protein than in oatmeal.
There is 2.37g per 100g of oatmeal and 12.5g per 100g of steel cut oats so using simple math we can see that difference is about 427%.
More carbohydrates in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is more carbohydrates than in oatmeal.
There is 11.67g/100g of carbohydrates in oatmeal and 67.5g/100g in steel cut oats so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 478%.
More fat in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is more fats than in oatmeal.
The tables above show us that there is 1.36g/100g of fats in oatmeal and 6.25g/100g in steel cut oats. In this case difference is about 360%.
- Carbohydrates67.5 g
- Fat6.25 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein12.5 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Compares of steel cut oats
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats
- see all compares of steel cut oats
Compares of oatmeal
- Calories from Steel cut oats
- Calories of Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Calories in Salsa
- Vodka and tonic calories per 100g
- Red wine vinegar carbs per 100g
- Bratwurst protein per 100g
- Quesadilla with vegetables fat per 100g
- How many calories does american cheese have?
- Calories in a half of Taco Bell Taco
- Calories in whole Taco Bell Taco
- Calories for one, two or more Taco Bell Taco
- How much protein in bagel with cheese and bacon?
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice nutrition
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats calories
- Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour protein
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour sugar
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour vitamins
- All-Purpose Flour vs Almond Flour dietary fiber
- All-Purpose Flour vs Cornstarch vitaminium C
- Soba Noodles vs Quinoa magnessium
- Soba Noodles vs Raw Pasta potassium