Basmati Rice: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Basmati rice: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in basmati rice?
Case in point, tablespoon of basmati rice (15 g) has about 52 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon basmati rice is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 2.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 7 minutes, swim for about 6 minutes or run for 5 minutes.
See all nutrition data of basmati rice on charts.
Basmati rice: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, cup, half cup or bowl of basmati rice?
As I wrote before 100g has 347 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, cup, half cup or bowl of basmati rice.
- Tablespoon of basmati rice (15g)52 kcal
- Teaspoon of basmati rice (5g)17 kcal
- Cup of basmati rice (180g)625 kcal
- Half cup of basmati rice (90g)312 kcal
- Basmati rice bowl (360g)1249 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of basmati rice98 kcal
- 10g of basmati rice35 kcal
- 20g of basmati rice69 kcal
- 50g of basmati rice174 kcal
- 100g of basmati rice347 kcal
Protein in basmati rice
Basmati rice has 8.16 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of basmati rice (15 g) you can see that you will get about 1.2 g of protein.
Carbs in basmati rice
Basmati rice has 79.59 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of basmati rice (15 g) has about 11.9 g of carbs.
Fat in basmati rice
0 g of fat - basmati rice has no fat.
tablespoon of basmati rice (15 g) has:52kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
basmati rice - vitamins per 100g
Energy content of basmati rice
- 91% CARBS
- 9% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
basmati rice - minerals per 100g
- Iron0.73 mg
Does basmati rice make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Basmati rice have one of the hight number of calories within grain products. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, basmati rice seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If basmati rice contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare basmati rice with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how basmati rice looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does dried apricots have?
- Calories in tablespoon of peanut butter
- Calories in teaspoon of peanut butter
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in peach cobbler?
- How much fat in ranch dip?
- How much protein in venison ?
- What is weight of homemade pizza?
- Bing cherries calories per ounce (oz)
- Flatbread calories per serving size