Rice (White): Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Rice (white): calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
Also known as (other names): basmanti rice, paraboiled rice
How many calories in rice?
For instance, handful of rice (35 g) has about 46 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful rice is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 7 minutes, swim for about 5 minutes or run for 5 minutes.
See all nutrition data of rice on charts.
Rice (white): calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of rice?
As I wrote before 100g has 130 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of rice.
- Handful of rice (35g)46 kcal
- Tablespoon of rice (14g)18 kcal
- Glass full of rice (180g)234 kcal
- Cup of rice (180g)234 kcal
- Half cup of rice (90g)117 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of rice37 kcal
- 10g of rice13 kcal
- 20g of rice26 kcal
- 50g of rice65 kcal
- 100g of rice130 kcal
Protein in rice
Rice has 2.69 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of rice (35 g) you can see that you will get about 0.9 g of protein.
Carbs in rice
Rice has 28.17 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of rice (35 g) has about 9.9 g of carbs.
Fat in rice
Rice has 0.28 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of rice (35 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
handful of rice (35 g) has:46kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
rice - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.02 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.013 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.4 mg
- Vitaminium B60.093 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.003 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.04 mg
Energy content of rice
- 89% CARBS
- 9% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
rice - minerals per 100g
- Potassium35 mg
- Phosphorus3 mg
- Magnessium12 mg
- Calcium10 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron0.2 mg
- Zink3 mg
Does rice make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Very hight count of calories in rice puts this product at the top of hight calorific grain products. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, rice seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If rice contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare rice with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how rice looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does orange juice have?
- Calories in a half of pork neck
- Calories in whole pork neck
- Calories for one, two or more pork neck
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Tabbouleh?
- How much fat in McFlurry McDonald's?
- How much protein in kolache?
- What is weight of injera?
- Beef and broccoli calories per ounce (oz)
- Brandy calories per serving size