Tapioca: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Tapioca: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
Also known as (other names): Tapioca pearls
How many calories in tapioca?
To show you what does it mean, tablespoon of tapioca (12 g) has about 16 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon tapioca is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 2 minutes, swim for about 2 minutes or run for 2 minutes.
Tapioca: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of tapioca?
As I wrote before 100g has 130 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of tapioca.
- Tablespoon of tapioca (12g)16 kcal
- Glass full of tapioca (195g)254 kcal
- Cup of tapioca (152g)198 kcal
- Half cup of tapioca (152g)99 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of tapioca37 kcal
- 10g of tapioca13 kcal
- 20g of tapioca26 kcal
- 50g of tapioca65 kcal
- 100g of tapioca130 kcal
Protein in tapioca
Tapioca has 1.95 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of tapioca (12 g) you can see that you will get about 0.2 g of protein.
Carbs in tapioca
Tapioca has 21.69 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of tapioca (12 g) has about 2.6 g of carbs.
Fat in tapioca
Tapioca has 3.88 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of tapioca (12 g) has about 0.5 g of fat.
tablespoon of tapioca (12 g) has:16kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
tapioca - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.024 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.097 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.065 mg
- Vitaminium B60.024 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.003 mcg
- Vitaminium C0.3 mg
- Vitaminium E0.15 mg
Energy content of tapioca
- 67% CARBS
- 6% PROTEIN
- 27% FAT
tapioca - minerals per 100g
- Potassium92 mg
- Phosphorus0.4 mg
- Magnessium6 mg
- Calcium71 mg
- Sodium145 mg
- Iron0.11 mg
- Zink0.4 mg
Does tapioca make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Tapioca have one of the hight number of calories within grain products. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, tapioca seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If tapioca contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does apple juice have?
- Calories in a half of shrimp
- Calories in whole shrimp
- Calories for one, two or more shrimp
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in sharp cheddar cheese?
- How much fat in sesame bagel?
- How much protein in Triscuits crackers?
- What is weight of long island iced tea?
- Soft serve ice cream calories per ounce (oz)
- Flatbread calories per serving size