Butter: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in butter?
Case in point, tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 86 calories.
It is about 4% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 86 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon of butter is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 4.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about butter nutrition.
See all nutrition data of butter on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Tablespoon of Butter (12 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||tablespoon of butter (12 g)|
|Carbs Total||0.06 g||< 0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||0 g||0 g|
|Fat||81.11 g||22.99 g||9.7 g|
|Protein||0.85 g||0.24 g||0.1 g|
|Water||16.17 g||4.58 g||1.9 g|
butter - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A2499 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.005 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.034 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.042 mg
- Vit B60.003 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.003 mcg
- Vit E2.32 mg
- Vit K0.007 mg
Energy content of butter
- 0% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 100% FAT
butter - minerals per 100g
- Potassium24 mg
- Phosphorus7 mg
- Magnessium2 mg
- Calcium24 mg
- Sodium11 mg
- Iron0.02 mg
- Zink7 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 butter?
As I wrote before tablespoon of butter (12 g) has 86 calories. It is easy to count that two butter have about 172 calories and three butter have about 258 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five butter.
- Tablespoon of butter (12g)86 kcal
- Slice of butter (10g)72 kcal
- Cup of butter (227g)1628 kcal
- Half cup of butter (113.5g)814 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of butter203 kcal
- Half of medium size butter43 kcal
- Small size butter (10g)68.8 kcal
- Big size butter (16g)111.8 kcal
- Two medium size butter172 kcal
- Three medium size butter258 kcal
- Four medium size butter344 kcal
- Five medium size butter430 kcal
Protein in butter
Butter has 0.85 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of butter (12 g) you can see that you will get about 0.1 g of protein.
Carbs in butter
Butter has 0.06 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 0 g of carbs.
Fat in butter
Butter has 81.11 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 9.7 g of fat.
tablespoon of butter (12 g) has:86kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare butter with other oils
When you look at charts below you will see how butter looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
- How many calories does blood orange have?
- Calories in a half of Rolo
- Calories in whole Rolo
- Calories for one, two or more Rolo
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Idli?
- How much fat in spinach salad?
- How much protein in Triple Sec Syrup?
- What is weight of fried catfish?
- Skittles calories per ounce (oz)
- Vanilla ice cream calories per serving size