Butter: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Butter: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in butter?
Case in point, tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 86 calories.
It is about 4% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon butter is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 4.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 12 minutes, swim for about 10 minutes or run for 9 minutes.
See all nutrition data of butter on charts.
Butter: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in tablespoon, slice, cup or half cup of butter?
As I wrote before 100g has 717 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, slice, cup or half cup of butter.
- Tablespoon of butter (12g)86 kcal
- Slice of butter (10g)72 kcal
- Cup of butter (227g)1628 kcal
- Half cup of butter (113.5g)814 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of butter203 kcal
- 10g of butter72 kcal
- 20g of butter143 kcal
- 50g of butter359 kcal
- 100g of butter717 kcal
Protein in butter
Butter has 0.85 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of butter (12 g) you can see that you will get about 0.1 g of protein.
Carbs in butter
Butter has 0.06 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 0 g of carbs.
Fat in butter
Butter has 81.11 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of butter (12 g) has about 9.7 g of fat.
tablespoon of butter (12 g) has:86kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
butter - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A2499 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.005 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.034 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.042 mg
- Vitaminium B60.003 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.003 mcg
- Vitaminium E2.32 mg
- Vitaminium K0.007 mg
Energy content of butter
- 0% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 100% FAT
butter - minerals per 100g
- Potassium24 mg
- Phosphorus7 mg
- Magnessium2 mg
- Calcium24 mg
- Sodium11 mg
- Iron0.02 mg
- Zink7 mg
Does butter cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in butter puts this product at the top of hight calorific fats and oils. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific fats and oils, butter seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other fats and oils.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If butter contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare butter with other oils
When you look at charts below you will see how butter looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
- How many calories does Merlot have?
- Calories in a half of baked potato with butter
- Calories in whole baked potato with butter
- Calories for one, two or more baked potatoes with butter
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Mentos?
- How much fat in cabbage soup?
- How much protein in egg over easy?
- What is weight of all-purpose flour?
- Mussels calories per ounce (oz)
- Lo Mein calories per serving size