Sugar: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sugar: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in sugar?
For instance, tablespoon of sugar (12 g) has about 46 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon sugar is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 7 minutes, swim for about 5 minutes or run for 5 minutes.
See all nutrition data of sugar on charts.
Sugar: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, glass, cup, half cup or packet of ciabatta rolls?
As I wrote before 100g has 387 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, glass, cup, half cup or packet of sugar.
- Tablespoon of sugar (12g)46 kcal
- Teaspoon of sugar (4g)15 kcal
- Glass full of sugar (195g)755 kcal
- Cup of sugar (200g)774 kcal
- Half cup of sugar (100g)387 kcal
- Sugar packet (2g)8 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sugar110 kcal
- 10g of sugar39 kcal
- 20g of sugar77 kcal
- 50g of sugar194 kcal
- 100g of sugar387 kcal
Protein in sugar
0g of protein - sugar has no protein in its nutrition content.
Carbs in sugar
Sugar has 99.98 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of sugar (12 g) has about 12 g of carbs.
Fat in sugar
0 g of fat - sugar has no fat.
tablespoon of sugar (12 g) has:46kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sugar - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.019 mg
Energy content of sugar
- 100% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
sugar - minerals per 100g
- Potassium2 mg
- Calcium1 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron0.05 mg
- Zink0.01 mg
Does sugar make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Sugar have one of the hight number of calories within Sugars and sweeteners. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific Sugars and sweeteners, sugar seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other Sugars and sweeteners.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If sugar contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare sugar with other Sugars and sweeteners
When you look at charts below you will see how sugar looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does polish sausage have?
- Calories in a half of veggie straws
- Calories in whole veggie straws
- Calories for one, two or more veggie straws
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in steamed dumpling?
- How much fat in wild rice?
- How much protein in soba noodles?
- What is weight of banana strawberry smoothie?
- Stevia calories per ounce (oz)
- Kung Pao beef calories per serving size