Shrimp: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Shrimp: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in shrimp?
Case in point, medium size shrimp (10 g) has about 9 calories.
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size shrimp is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 1 minute, swim for about 1 minute or run for 1 minute.
See all nutrition data of shrimp on charts.
Shrimp: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 shrimp?
As I wrote before medium size shrimp (10 g) has 9 calories. It is easy to count that two shrimp have about 18 calories and three shrimp have about 27 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five shrimp.
- Medium size shrimp (10 g)9 kcal
- Cup of shrimp (145g)123 kcal
- Half cup of shrimp (72.5g)62 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of shrimp24 kcal
- Half of medium size shrimp4.5 kcal
- Small size shrimp (8g)7.2 kcal
- Big size shrimp (13g)11.7 kcal
- Two medium size shrimp18 kcal
- Three medium size shrimp27 kcal
- Four medium size shrimp36 kcal
- Five medium size shrimp45 kcal
Protein in shrimp
Shrimp has 20.1 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size shrimp (10 g) you can see that you will get about 2 g of protein.
Carbs in shrimp
0 g of carbs - shrimp has no carbohydrates.
Fat in shrimp
Shrimp has 0.51 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size shrimp (10 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size shrimp (10 g) has:9kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
shrimp - vitamins per 100g
Energy content of shrimp
- 0% CARBS
- 95% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
shrimp - minerals per 100g
- Potassium264 mg
- Phosphorus214 mg
- Magnessium35 mg
- Calcium64 mg
- Sodium119 mg
- Iron0.52 mg
- Zink1.34 mg
Does shrimp cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in shrimp puts this product at the top of hight calorific seafood. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seafood, shrimp seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other seafood.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If shrimp contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare shrimp with other seafood
When you look at charts below you will see how shrimp looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does peanut butter cookie have?
- Calories in a half of ginger beer
- Calories in whole ginger beer
- Calories for one, two or more ginger beer
- Calories in glass of ginger beer
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Pinot Blanc?
- How much fat in beef pot pie?
- How much protein in avocado sushi roll?
- What is weight of flank steak?
- Chocolate cake calories per ounce (oz)
- Ice cream sandwich calories per serving size