Cauliflower vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cauliflower
At first glance, you can see that in cauliflower is much less calories than in corn.
Cauliflower has 25 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 244%.
In cauliflower and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cauliflower with corn in details.
Fact 2: Cauliflower And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Cauliflower: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||4.97 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.92 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||22 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.42 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||299 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||30 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.27 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.06 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.507 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.667 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.184 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||57 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||48.2 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||15.5 mg||0.3 mg|
Less protein in cauliflower
It is aslo easy to see see that in cauliflower is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 1.92g per 100g of cauliflower so using simple math we can see that difference is about 70%.
Less carbohydrates in cauliflower
In cauliflower is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 4.97g/100g in cauliflower so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 276%.
Less fat in cauliflower
In cauliflower is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.28g/100g in cauliflower. In this case difference is about 382%.
- Carbohydrates4.97 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1.92 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | 1 floret
- 66% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs cauliflower
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 210% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cauliflower 9% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 249% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B5: corn 7% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B6: cauliflower 98% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cauliflower 36% more than corn
- Vitaminium C: cauliflower 609% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: cauliflower 14% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: cauliflower 5067% more than corn
Minerals: cauliflower vs corn
Compares of cauliflower
- Cauliflower vs Artichoke
- Cauliflower vs Arugula
- Cauliflower vs Asparagus
- Cauliflower vs Beetroot
- Cauliflower vs Bitter Melon
- Cauliflower vs Bok Choy
- see all compares of cauliflower
Compares of corn
- Calories from Cauliflower
- Calories of Fodder cabbage
- Calories in Cucumber
- Eggplant calories per 100g
- Endive carbs per 100g
- Fava beans protein per 100g
- Fennel fat per 100g
- How many calories does kale have?
- Calories in a half of leek
- Calories in whole leek
- Calories for one, two or more leeks
- How much protein in lettuce?