Clams: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Clams: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in clams?
Case in point, standard serving size of clams (190 g) has about 163 calories.
It is about 7% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from standard serving size of clams is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3 apples
- 2 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1.5 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 8.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 23 minutes, swim for about 19 minutes or run for 16 minutes.
See all nutrition data of clams on charts.
Clams: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in standard serving size or 1 small clam of clams?
As I wrote before 100g have 86 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. standard serving size or 1 small clam of clams.
- Standard serving size of clams (190 g)163 kcal
- Clams 1 small clam (20g)17 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of clams24 kcal
- 10g of clams9 kcal
- 20g of clams17 kcal
- 50g of clams43 kcal
- 100g of clams86 kcal
Protein in clams
Clams have 14.67 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size of clams (190 g) you can see that you will get about 27.9 g of protein.
Carbs in clams
Clams have 3.57 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size of clams (190 g) has about 6.8 g of carbs.
Fat in clams
Clams have 0.96 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size of clams (190 g) has about 1.8 g of fat.
standard serving size of clams (190 g) has:163kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
clams - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.015 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.04 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.35 mg
- Vitaminium B60.01 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.005 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.68 mg
Energy content of clams
- 18% CARBS
- 72% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
clams - minerals per 100g
- Potassium46 mg
- Magnessium19 mg
- Calcium39 mg
- Sodium56 mg
- Iron1.62 mg
Do clams make you fat? Whether it is good to eat clams on diet?
Count of calories in clams is one of the highest from all products in seafood category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seafood, clams seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other seafood.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If clams contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare clams with other seafood
When you look at charts below you will see how clams look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does paneer cheese have?
- Calories in a half of ham pot pie
- Calories in whole ham pot pie
- Calories for one, two or more ham pot pie
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in california sushi roll?
- How much fat in white onion?
- How much protein in donut hole?
- What is weight of Puerto Rican sandwich?
- Moscow mule calories per ounce (oz)
- Crab rangoon calories per serving size