Broccoli vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Broccoli
At first glance, you can see that in broccoli is much less calories than in corn.
Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 153%.
In broccoli and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare broccoli with corn in details.
Fact 2: Broccoli And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Broccoli: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.64 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||2 g|
|Protein||2.82 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||316 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||33 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.41 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.071 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.117 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.639 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.573 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.175 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||63 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||89.2 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.17 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||101.6 mg||0.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||361 mg||16 mg|
Less protein in broccoli
It is aslo easy to see see that in broccoli is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 2.82g per 100g of broccoli so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
Less carbohydrates in broccoli
In broccoli is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 6.64g/100g in broccoli so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 182%.
Less fat in broccoli
In broccoli is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.37g/100g in broccoli. In this case difference is about 265%.
- Carbohydrates6.64 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein2.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | flowerets | cup | half cup | 1 floweret
- 65% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs broccoli
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 118% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 113% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 177% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B5: corn 25% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B6: broccoli 88% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): broccoli 50% more than corn
- Vitaminium C: broccoli 1212% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: broccoli 143% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: broccoli 33767% more than corn
- Beta karoten: broccoli 2156% more than corn
Minerals: broccoli vs corn
Compares of broccoli
- Broccoli vs Artichoke
- Broccoli vs Arugula
- Broccoli vs Asparagus
- Broccoli vs Bamboo Shoots
- Broccoli vs Beetroot
- Broccoli vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of broccoli
Compares of corn
- Calories from Broccoli
- Calories of Rapini
- Calories in Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash calories per 100g
- Cabbage carbs per 100g
- Carrot protein per 100g
- Cassava fat per 100g
- How many calories does cauliflower have?
- Calories in a half of cucumber
- Calories in whole cucumber
- Calories for one, two or more cucumbers
- Calories in slice of cucumber
- How much protein in eggplant?