Artichoke: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Artichoke: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in artichoke?
To illustrate, medium size artichoke (11 oz) has about 60 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size artichoke is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 3 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 9 minutes, swim for about 7 minutes or run for 6 minutes.
See also Artichoke vitamins and minerals
Artichoke: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 artichokes?
As I wrote before medium size artichoke (11 oz) have 60 calories. It is easy to count that two artichokes have about 120 calories and three artichokes have about 180 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five artichokes.
- Medium size artichoke (11 oz)60 kcal
- Artichoke cup, hearts (168g)79 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of artichokes13 kcal
- Half of medium size artichoke30 kcal
- Small size artichoke (102g)48 kcal
- Big size artichoke (166g)78 kcal
- Two medium size artichokes120 kcal
- Three medium size artichokes180 kcal
- Four medium size artichokes240 kcal
- Five medium size artichokes300 kcal
Protein in artichoke
Artichokes have 3.27 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size artichoke (11 oz) you can see that you will get about 4.2 g of protein.
Carbs in artichokes
Artichokes have 10.51 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size artichoke (11 oz) has about 13.5 g of carbs.
Fat in artichokes
Artichokes have 0.15 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size artichoke (11 oz) has about 0.2 g of fat.
medium size artichoke (11 oz) has:60kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
artichoke - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A13 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.072 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.066 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.046 mg
- Vitaminium B60.116 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.068 mcg
- Vitaminium C11.7 mg
- Vitaminium E0.19 mg
- Vitaminium K0.015 mg
Energy content of artichoke
- 74% CARBS
- 23% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
artichoke - minerals per 100g
- Potassium370 mg
- Phosphorus14.8 mg
- Magnessium60 mg
- Calcium44 mg
- Sodium94 mg
- Iron1.28 mg
- Zink14.8 mg
Does artichoke cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Similar to other products number of calories in artichoke puts it in the avarage of vegetables. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific vegetables, artichoke seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does bok choy have?
- Calories in a half of broccoli
- Calories in whole broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more broccoli
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in rapini?
- How much fat in Brussels sprouts?
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- What is weight of cabbage?
- Carrot calories per ounce (oz)
- Cassava calories per serving size