Asparagus: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Asparagus: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one asparagus, handful and more
How many calories in asparagus?
Case in point, medium size asparagus (40 g) has about 8 calories.
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size asparagus is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 1 minute, swim for about 1 minute or run for 1 minute.
See all nutrition data of asparagus on charts.
Asparagus: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||3.38 g||~ 1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||~ 0.6 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||~ 0.6 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 asparagus?
As I wrote before medium size asparagus (40 g) has 8 calories. It is easy to count that two asparagus have about 16 calories and three asparagus have about 24 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five asparagus.
- Medium size asparagus (40 g)8 kcal
- Handful of asparagus (450g)90 kcal
- Bunch of asparagus (500g)100 kcal
- Cup of asparagus (175g)35 kcal
- Half cup of asparagus (87.5g)18 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of asparagus6 kcal
- Half of medium size asparagus4 kcal
- Small size asparagus (32g)6.4 kcal
- Big size asparagus (52g)10.4 kcal
- Two medium size asparagus16 kcal
- Three medium size asparagus24 kcal
- Four medium size asparagus32 kcal
- Five medium size asparagus40 kcal
Protein in asparagus
Asparagus has 2.2 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size asparagus (40 g) you can see that you will get about 0.9 g of protein.
Carbs in asparagus
Asparagus has 3.38 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size asparagus (40 g) has about 1.4 g of carbs.
Fat in asparagus
Asparagus has 0.12 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size asparagus (40 g) has about 0 g of fat.
medium size asparagus (40 g) has:8kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
asparagus - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A756 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.143 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.141 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.978 mg
- Vitaminium B50.274 mg
- Vitaminium B60.091 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)52 mcg
- Vitaminium C5.6 mg
- Vitaminium E1.13 mg
- Vitaminium K41.6 mg
Energy content of asparagus
- 58% CARBS
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
asparagus - minerals per 100g
- Potassium202 mg
- Phosphorus52 mg
- Magnessium14 mg
- Calcium24 mg
- Sodium2 mg
- Iron1.14 mg
- Zink0.54 mg
- Beta karoten9 mg
Interesting charts - compare asparagus with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how asparagus looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in butternut squash?
- How much fat in cabbage?
- How much protein in carrot?
- What is weight of cassava?
- Cauliflower calories per ounce (oz)
- Fodder cabbage calories per serving size