Asparagus vs Cucumber: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Asparagus
At first glance, you can see that in asparagus is more calories than in cucumber.
Asparagus has 20 kcal per 100g and cucumber 15 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 33%.
In asparagus and in cucumber most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare asparagus with cucumber in details.
Fact 2: Asparagus And Cucumber Nutrition Difference
Cucumber vs Asparagus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||3.63 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.11 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||0.65 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||1.14 mg||0.28 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||202 mg||147 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.54 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.143 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.141 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.978 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.274 mg||0.259 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||52 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.6 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.13 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium K||41.6 mg||16.4 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||45 mg|
More protein in asparagus
It is aslo easy to see see that in asparagus is more protein than in cucumber.
There is 0.65g per 100g of cucumber and 2.2g per 100g of asparagus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 238%.
Less carbohydrates in asparagus
In asparagus is less carbohydrates than in cucumber.
There is 3.63g/100g of carbohydrates in cucumber and 3.38g/100g in asparagus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7%.
More fat in asparagus
In asparagus is more fats than in cucumber.
The tables above show us that there is 0.11g/100g of fats in cucumber and 0.12g/100g in asparagus. In this case difference is about 9%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | bunch | cup | half cup
- 58% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: cucumber vs asparagus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): asparagus 430% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): asparagus 327% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): asparagus 898% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B5: asparagus 6% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B6: asparagus 128% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): asparagus 643% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium C: asparagus 100% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium E: asparagus 3667% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium K: asparagus 154% more than cucumber
- Beta karoten: cucumber 400% more than asparagus
Minerals: asparagus vs cucumber
Compares of asparagus
- Asparagus vs Artichoke
- Asparagus vs Arugula
- Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots
- Asparagus vs Beetroot
- Asparagus vs Bok Choy
- Asparagus vs Broccoli
- see all compares of asparagus