Asparagus vs Brussels Sprouts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Asparagus
At first glance, you can see that in asparagus is much less calories than in Brussels sprouts.
Asparagus has 20 kcal per 100g and Brussels sprouts 43 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 115%.
In asparagus and in Brussels sprouts most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare asparagus with Brussels sprouts in details.
Fact 2: Asparagus And Brussels sprouts Nutrition Difference
Brussels sprouts vs Asparagus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Asparagus||Brussels sprouts|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||8.95 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||3.8 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||3.38 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||42 mg|
|Iron||1.14 mg||1.4 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||52 mg||69 mg|
|Potassium||202 mg||389 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||25 mg|
|Zink||0.54 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.143 mg||0.139 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.141 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.978 mg||0.745 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.274 mg||0.309 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.219 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||52 mg||61 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.6 mg||85 mg|
|Vitaminium K||41.6 mg||177 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||450 mg|
Less protein in asparagus
It is aslo easy to see see that in asparagus is less protein than in Brussels sprouts.
There is 3.38g per 100g of Brussels sprouts and 2.2g per 100g of asparagus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 54%.
Less carbohydrates in asparagus
In asparagus is less carbohydrates than in Brussels sprouts.
There is 8.95g/100g of carbohydrates in Brussels sprouts and 3.38g/100g in asparagus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 165%.
Less fat in asparagus
In asparagus is less fats than in Brussels sprouts.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in Brussels sprouts and 0.12g/100g in asparagus. In this case difference is about 150%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | bunch | cup | half cup
- 58% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: Brussels sprouts vs asparagus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): asparagus 3% more than Brussels sprouts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brussels sprouts 538% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): asparagus 31% more than Brussels sprouts
- Vitaminium B5: Brussels sprouts 13% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B6: Brussels sprouts 141% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brussels sprouts 17% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium C: Brussels sprouts 1418% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium K: Brussels sprouts 325% more than asparagus
- Beta karoten: Brussels sprouts 4900% more than asparagus
Minerals: asparagus vs Brussels sprouts
- Calcium: Brussels sprouts 75% more than asparagus
- Iron: Brussels sprouts 23% more than asparagus
- Magnessium: Brussels sprouts 64% more than asparagus
- Phosphorus: Brussels sprouts 33% more than asparagus
- Potassium: Brussels sprouts 93% more than asparagus
- Sodium: Brussels sprouts 1150% more than asparagus
- Zink: asparagus 29% more than Brussels sprouts
Compares of asparagus
- Asparagus vs Artichoke
- Asparagus vs Arugula
- Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots
- Asparagus vs Beetroot
- Asparagus vs Bok Choy
- Asparagus vs Broccoli
- see all compares of asparagus