Artichoke vs Asparagus: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Artichoke
At first glance, you can see that in artichoke is much more calories than in asparagus.
Artichoke has 47 kcal per 100g and asparagus 20 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 135%.
In artichoke and in asparagus most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare artichoke with asparagus in details.
Fact 2: Artichoke And Asparagus Nutrition Difference
Asparagus vs Artichoke: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||10.51 g||3.38 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.12 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.4 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||2.2 g|
|Calcium||44 mg||24 mg|
|Iron||1.28 mg||1.14 mg|
|Magnessium||60 mg||14 mg|
|Phosphorus||14.8 mg||52 mg|
|Potassium||370 mg||202 mg|
|Sodium||94 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||14.8 mg||0.54 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.072 mg||0.143 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.066 mg||0.141 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.046 mg||0.978 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.116 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.068 mg||52 mg|
|Vitaminium C||11.7 mg||5.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||1.13 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.015 mg||41.6 mg|
More protein in artichoke
It is aslo easy to see see that in artichoke is more protein than in asparagus.
There is 2.2g per 100g of asparagus and 3.27g per 100g of artichoke so using simple math we can see that difference is about 49%.
More carbohydrates in artichoke
In artichoke is more carbohydrates than in asparagus.
There is 3.38g/100g of carbohydrates in asparagus and 10.51g/100g in artichoke so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 211%.
More fat in artichoke
In artichoke is more fats than in asparagus.
The tables above show us that there is 0.12g/100g of fats in asparagus and 0.15g/100g in artichoke. In this case difference is about 25%.
- Carbohydrates10.51 g
- Fat0.15 g
- Dietary fiber5.4 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | hearts
- 74% CARBS.
- 23% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: asparagus vs artichoke
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): asparagus 99% more than artichoke
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): asparagus 114% more than artichoke
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): artichoke 7% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B6: artichoke 27% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): asparagus 76371% more than artichoke
- Vitaminium C: artichoke 109% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium E: asparagus 495% more than artichoke
- Vitaminium K: asparagus 277233% more than artichoke
Minerals: artichoke vs asparagus
- Calcium: artichoke 83% more than asparagus
- Iron: artichoke 12% more than asparagus
- Magnessium: artichoke 329% more than asparagus
- Phosphorus: asparagus 251% more than artichoke
- Potassium: artichoke 83% more than asparagus
- Sodium: artichoke 4600% more than asparagus
- Zink: artichoke 2641% more than asparagus
Compares of artichoke
- Artichoke vs Asparagus
- Artichoke vs Bamboo Shoots
- Artichoke vs Beetroot
- Artichoke vs Bitter Melon
- Artichoke vs Bok Choy
- Artichoke vs Broccoli
- see all compares of artichoke
Compares of asparagus
- Calories from Artichoke
- Calories of Arugula
- Calories in Asparagus
- Bamboo shoots calories per 100g
- Basella carbs per 100g
- Beetroot protein per 100g
- Red bell pepper fat per 100g
- How many calories does bitter melon have?
- Calories in a half of calabash
- Calories in whole calabash
- Calories for one, two or more calabash leaves
- How much protein in broccoli?
- Artichoke vs Bamboo Shoots nutrition
- Artichoke vs Beetroot calories
- Artichoke vs Bitter Melon protein
- Artichoke vs Bok Choy sugar
- Artichoke vs Broccoli vitamins
- Artichoke vs Brussels Sprouts dietary fiber
- Artichoke vs Butternut Squash vitaminium C
- Artichoke vs Cabbage magnessium
- Artichoke vs Cauliflower potassium