Arugula vs Spinach: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Arugula
At first glance, you can see that in arugula is just a little more calories than in spinach.
Arugula has 25 kcal per 100g and spinach 23 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 9%.
In arugula and in spinach most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare arugula with spinach in details.
Fact 2: Arugula And Spinach Nutrition Difference
Spinach vs Arugula: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||3.65 g||3.63 g|
|Fat||0.66 g||0.39 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.6 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||2.58 g||2.86 g|
|Calcium||160 mg||99 mg|
|Iron||1.46 mg||2.71 mg|
|Magnessium||47 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||369 mg||558 mg|
|Sodium||27 mg||79 mg|
|Zink||0.47 mg||0.53 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.044 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.086 mg||0.189 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.305 mg||0.724 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.437 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.073 mg||0.195 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||194 mg|
|Vitaminium C||15 mg||28.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.43 mg||2.03 mg|
|Vitaminium K||108.6 mg||482.9 mg|
Less protein in arugula
It is aslo easy to see see that in arugula is less protein than in spinach.
There is 2.86g per 100g of spinach and 2.58g per 100g of arugula so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
More carbohydrates in arugula
In arugula is more carbohydrates than in spinach.
There is 3.63g/100g of carbohydrates in spinach and 3.65g/100g in arugula so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in arugula
In arugula is more fats than in spinach.
The tables above show us that there is 0.39g/100g of fats in spinach and 0.66g/100g in arugula. In this case difference is about 69%.
- Carbohydrates3.65 g
- Fat0.66 g
- Dietary fiber1.6 g
- Protein2.58 g
100g | ounce | handfull | cup | half cup
- 47% CARBS.
- 33% PROTEIN
- 19% FAT
Vitamins: spinach vs arugula
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): spinach 77% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): spinach 120% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): spinach 137% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B5: arugula 572% more than spinach
- Vitaminium B6: spinach 167% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): spinach 100% more than arugula
- Vitaminium C: spinach 87% more than arugula
- Vitaminium E: spinach 372% more than arugula
- Vitaminium K: spinach 345% more than arugula
Minerals: arugula vs spinach
Compares of arugula
- Arugula vs Asparagus
- Arugula vs Beetroot
- Arugula vs Bok Choy
- Arugula vs Broccoli
- Arugula vs Rapini
- Arugula vs Brussels Sprouts
- see all compares of arugula
Compares of spinach
- Calories from Arugula
- Calories of Asparagus
- Calories in Bamboo shoots
- Basella calories per 100g
- Beetroot carbs per 100g
- Red bell pepper protein per 100g
- Bitter melon fat per 100g
- How many calories does bok choy have?
- Calories in a half of broccoli
- Calories in whole broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more broccoli
- How much protein in rapini?