Bitter Melon vs Kale: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in kale.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and kale 49 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 188%.
In bitter melon and in kale most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with kale in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Kale Nutrition Difference
Kale vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Kale|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||8.75 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.93 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||3.6 g|
|Protein||1 g||4.28 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||150 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||1.47 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||491 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||38 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.56 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||141 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||120 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||5927 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in kale.
There is 4.28g per 100g of kale and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 328%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in kale.
There is 8.75g/100g of carbohydrates in kale and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 136%.
Less fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less fats than in kale.
The tables above show us that there is 0.93g/100g of fats in kale and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 447%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: kale vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): kale 175% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): kale 225% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): kale 150% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: bitter melon 133% more than kale
- Vitaminium B6: kale 530% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): kale 96% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium C: kale 43% more than bitter melon
- Beta karoten: kale 3104% more than bitter melon
Minerals: bitter melon vs kale
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of kale
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?