Bitter Melon vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in potato.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 353%.
In bitter melon and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with potato in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Potato|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||19.7 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||4 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 105%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 373%.
More fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 103% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bitter melon 25% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 165% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: potato 32% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: potato 593% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 380% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: bitter melon 326% more than potato
- Beta karoten: bitter melon 4525% more than potato
Minerals: bitter melon vs potato
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of potato
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?