Amaranth: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Also known as (other names): amaranth seeds
How many calories in amaranth?
Case in point, tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 57 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 57 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon of amaranth is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 3 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about amaranth nutrition.
See all nutrition data of amaranth on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Tablespoon of Amaranth (14 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||tablespoon of amaranth (14 g)|
|Carbs Total||67 g||18.99 g||9.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.7 g||1.9 g||0.9 g|
|Fat||8 g||2.27 g||1.1 g|
|Saturated fat||1.5 g||0.43 g||0.2 g|
|Protein||17 g||4.82 g||2.4 g|
|Water||0 g||0 g||0 g|
amaranth - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B60.6 mg
Energy content of amaranth
- 66% CARBS
- 17% PROTEIN
- 18% FAT
amaranth - minerals per 100g
- Potassium508 mg
- Phosphorus557 mg
- Magnessium248 mg
- Calcium159 mg
- Sodium0.01 mg
- Iron7.6 mg
- Zink2.9 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 amaranth seeds?
As I wrote before tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) have 57 calories. It is easy to count that two amaranth seeds have about 114 calories and three amaranth seeds have about 171 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five amaranth seeds.
- Tablespoon of amaranth (14g)57 kcal
- Teaspoon of amaranth (5g)20 kcal
- Glass full of amaranth (200g)818 kcal
- Small glass (40ml) of amaranth (37g)151 kcal
- Cup of amaranth (246g)1006 kcal
- Half cup of amaranth (123g)503 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of amaranth seeds116 kcal
- Half of medium size amaranth28.5 kcal
- Small size amaranth (11g)45.6 kcal
- Big size amaranth (18g)74.1 kcal
- Two medium size amaranth seeds114 kcal
- Three medium size amaranth seeds171 kcal
- Four medium size amaranth seeds228 kcal
- Five medium size amaranth seeds285 kcal
Protein in amaranth
Amaranth seeds have 17 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) you can see that you will get about 2.4 g of protein.
Carbs in amaranth seeds
Amaranth seeds have 67 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 9.4 g of carbs.
Fat in amaranth seeds
Amaranth seeds have 8 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 1.1 g of fat.
tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has:57kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare amaranth with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how amaranth looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of polish sausage
- Calories in whole polish sausage
- Calories for one, two or more polish sausage
- Calories in slice of polish sausage
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in jambalaya?
- How much fat in veggie straws?
- How much protein in steamed dumpling?
- What is weight of wild rice?
- Soba noodles calories per ounce (oz)
- Banana strawberry smoothie calories per serving size