Medjool Dates: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Medjool dates: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in medjool dates?
To show you what does it mean, standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g) has about 139 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from standard serving size of medjool dates is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 20 minutes, swim for about 16 minutes or run for 14 minutes.
See all nutrition data of medjool dates on charts.
Medjool dates: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in standard serving size, 1 fruit , 1 piece , cup or half cup of medjool dates?
As I wrote before 100g have 277 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. standard serving size, 1 fruit , 1 piece , cup or half cup of medjool dates.
- Standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g)139 kcal
- Medjool dates 1 fruit (25g)69 kcal
- Medjool dates 1 piece (25g)69 kcal
- Cup of medjool dates (95g)263 kcal
- Half cup of medjool dates (47.5g)132 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of medjool dates79 kcal
- 10g of medjool dates28 kcal
- 20g of medjool dates55 kcal
- 50g of medjool dates139 kcal
- 100g of medjool dates277 kcal
Protein in medjool dates
Medjool dates have 1.81 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g) you can see that you will get about 0.9 g of protein.
Carbs in medjool dates
Medjool dates have 74.97 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g) has about 37.5 g of carbs.
Fat in medjool dates
Medjool dates have 0.15 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
standard serving size of medjool dates (50 g) has:139kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
medjool dates - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A149 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.05 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.06 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.61 mg
- Vitaminium B60.249 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.015 mcg
- Vitaminium K0.003 mg
Energy content of medjool dates
- 97% CARBS
- 2% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
medjool dates - minerals per 100g
- Potassium696 mg
- Magnessium54 mg
- Calcium64 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron0.9 mg
Do medjool dates cause weight gain? Whether it is good to eat medjool dates on diet?
Medjool dates have one of the hight count of calories within dried fruits. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific dried fruits, medjool dates seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other dried fruits.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If medjool dates contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare medjool dates with other dried fruits
When you look at charts below you will see how medjool dates look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does tomato sandwich have?
- Calories in a half of iced latte coffee
- Calories in whole iced latte coffee
- Calories for one, two or more iced latte coffee
- Calories in glass of iced latte coffee
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in burrito with chicken?
- How much fat in whipped cream?
- How much protein in brown sugar?
- What is weight of ramen noodles?
- Rotisserie chicken drumstick calories per ounce (oz)
- Mashed potato calories per serving size