Goji berries calories and nutrition analyse
Goji berries: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in goji berries?
100g of goji berries have about 349 calories (kcal).
In particular, handful of goji berries (20 g) have about 70 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of goji berries (20 g) is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 3.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 10 minutes, swim for about 8 minutes or run for 7 minutes.
Calories in goji berries came from protein in 17%, from carbs in 82% and from fat in 1%.
See also: Vitamins and health benefits of goji berries.
Goji berries - calories and nutrition per 100g
How many calories in handfull, tablespoon, teaspoon, glass of goji berries?
As I wrote before 100g have 349 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handfull, tablespoon, teaspoon, glass of goji berries.
- Handfull of goji berries (20g)70 kcal
- Tablespoon of goji berries (8g)28 kcal
- Teaspoon of goji berries (4g)14 kcal
- Glass full of goji berries (100g)349 kcal
- 10g of goji berries35 kcal
- 20g of goji berries70 kcal
- 50g of goji berries175 kcal
- 100g of goji berries349 kcal
- 200g of goji berries698 kcal
- 500g of goji berries1745 kcal
How much protein in goji berries?
Goji berries have 14.26 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of goji berries (20 g) you can see that you will get about 2.9 g of protein.
How much carbs in goji berries?
Goji berries have 68 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of goji berries (20 g) has about 13.6 g of carbs.
How much fat in goji berries?
Goji berries have 0.39 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of goji berries (20 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
Do goji berries cause weight gain? Whether it is good to eat goji berries on diet?
Number of calories in goji berries is one of the highest from all products in dried fruits category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific dried fruits, goji berries seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other dried fruits.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If goji berries contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does kumquats have?
- Calories in a half of loquat fruit
- Calories in whole loquat fruit
- Calories for one, two or more loquat fruits
- Calories in handful of loquat fruits
- How much carbs (carbohydrates) in lychee?
- How much fat in mango?
- How much protein in mangosteen?
- What is weight of mulberries?