Dates: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in dates?
100g of dates have about 277 calories (kcal).
Calories per: ounce | one dates | handful | cup | half cup
For instance, medium size dates (5 g) have about 14 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 14 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from dates is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about dates nutrition.
See all nutrition data of dates on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Dates (5 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size dates (5 g)|
|Carbs Total||74.97 g||21.25 g||3.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.7 g||1.9 g||0.3 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||< 0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.81 g||0.51 g||< 0.1 g|
dates - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A149 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.05 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.06 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.61 mg
- Vit B50.805 mg
- Vit B60.249 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)15 mcg
- Vit K2.7 mg
Energy content of dates
- 97% CARBS
- 2% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
dates - minerals per 100g
- Potassium696 mg
- Phosphorus62 mg
- Magnessium54 mg
- Calcium64 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron0.9 mg
- Zink0.44 mg
- Beta karoten89 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 dates?
As I wrote before medium size dates (5 g) have 14 calories. It is easy to count that two dates have about 28 calories and three dates have about 42 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five dates.
- Medium size dates (5 g)14 kcal
- Handful of dates (60g)166 kcal
- Cup of dates (225g)623 kcal
- Half cup of dates (112.5g)312 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of dates79 kcal
- Half of medium size dates7 kcal
- Small size dates (4g)11.2 kcal
- Big size dates (7g)18.2 kcal
- Two medium size dates28 kcal
- Three medium size dates42 kcal
- Four medium size dates56 kcal
- Five medium size dates70 kcal
Protein in dates
Dates have 1.81 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size dates (5 g) you can see that you will get about 0.1 g of protein.
Carbs in dates
Dates have 74.97 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size dates (5 g) has about 3.7 g of carbs.
Fat in dates
Dates have 0.15 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size dates (5 g) has about 0 g of fat.
medium size dates (5 g) has:14kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare dates with other dried fruits
When you look at charts below you will see how dates look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does grapefruit have?
- Calories in a half of jackfruit
- Calories in whole jackfruit
- Calories for one, two or more jackfruits
- Calories in slice of jackfruit
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in jujube fruits?
- How much fat in kiwi?
- How much protein in kumquats?
- What is weight of lemon?
- Loquat calories per ounce (oz)
- Lychee calories per serving size