Oyster: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Oyster: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in oyster?
To show you what does it mean, medium size oyster (50 g) has about 26 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size oyster is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1 cube of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 4 minutes, swim for about 3 minutes or run for 3 minutes.
See all nutrition data of oyster on charts.
Oyster: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 oyster?
As I wrote before medium size oyster (50 g) has 26 calories. It is easy to count that two oyster have about 52 calories and three oyster have about 78 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five oyster.
- Medium size oyster (50 g)26 kcal
- Oyster cup sliced (86g)44 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of oyster14 kcal
- Half of medium size oyster13 kcal
- Small size oyster (40g)20.8 kcal
- Big size oyster (65g)33.8 kcal
- Two medium size oyster52 kcal
- Three medium size oyster78 kcal
- Four medium size oyster104 kcal
- Five medium size oyster130 kcal
Protein in oyster
Oyster has 5.71 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size oyster (50 g) you can see that you will get about 2.9 g of protein.
Carbs in oyster
Oyster has 2.72 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size oyster (50 g) has about 1.4 g of carbs.
Fat in oyster
Oyster has 1.71 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size oyster (50 g) has about 0.9 g of fat.
medium size oyster (50 g) has:26kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
oyster - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A44 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.018 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.09 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.925 mg
- Vitaminium B60.031 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.007 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.85 mg
- Vitaminium K0.001 mg
Energy content of oyster
- 22% CARBS
- 47% PROTEIN
- 31% FAT
oyster - minerals per 100g
- Potassium156 mg
- Phosphorus1 mg
- Magnessium18 mg
- Calcium59 mg
- Sodium85 mg
- Iron4.61 mg
- Zink1 mg
Does oyster make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Very hight count of calories in oyster puts this product at the top of hight calorific seafood. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seafood, oyster seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other seafood.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If oyster contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare oyster with other seafood
When you look at charts below you will see how oyster looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does polenta have?
- Calories in a half of Mahi Mahi
- Calories in whole Mahi Mahi
- Calories for one, two or more Mahi Mahi
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Kahlua?
- How much fat in samosa?
- How much protein in shrimp sushi roll?
- What is weight of shrimp salad?
- Jicama calories per ounce (oz)
- Beef sandwich calories per serving size