Fava Beans vs Soybean: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Fava beans
At first glance, you can see that in fava beans is less calories than in soybean.
Fava beans has 341 kcal per 100g and soybean 446 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 31%.
In fava beans and in soybean most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare fava beans with soybean in details.
Fact 2: Fava beans And Soybean Nutrition Difference
Soybean vs Fava beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Fava beans||Soybean|
|Carbohydrates||58.59 g||30.16 g|
|Fat||1.53 g||19.94 g|
|Dietary fiber||25 g||9.3 g|
|Protein||26.12 g||36.49 g|
|Calcium||103 mg||277 mg|
|Iron||6.7 mg||15.7 mg|
|Magnessium||192 mg||280 mg|
|Potassium||1062 mg||1797 mg|
|Sodium||13 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.555 mg||0.874 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.333 mg||0.87 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.832 mg||1.623 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.366 mg||0.377 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||423 mg||0.375 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.4 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||9 mg||0.047 mg|
Less protein in fava beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in fava beans is less protein than in soybean.
There is 36.49g per 100g of soybean and 26.12g per 100g of fava beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 40%.
More carbohydrates in fava beans
In fava beans is more carbohydrates than in soybean.
There is 30.16g/100g of carbohydrates in soybean and 58.59g/100g in fava beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 94%.
Less fat in fava beans
In fava beans is less fats than in soybean.
The tables above show us that there is 19.94g/100g of fats in soybean and 1.53g/100g in fava beans. In this case difference is about 1203%.
- Carbohydrates58.59 g
- Fat1.53 g
- Dietary fiber25 g
- Protein26.12 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 66% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: soybean vs fava beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): soybean 57% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): soybean 161% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fava beans 74% more than soybean
- Vitaminium B6: soybean 3% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): fava beans 112700% more than soybean
- Vitaminium C: soybean 329% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium K: fava beans 19049% more than soybean
Minerals: fava beans vs soybean
Compares of fava beans
- Fava Beans vs Artichoke
- Fava Beans vs Broccoli
- Fava Beans vs Rapini
- Fava Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Fava Beans vs Cabbage
- Fava Beans vs Lima Beans
- see all compares of fava beans
Compares of soybean
- Calories from Fava beans
- Calories of Fennel
- Calories in Kale
- Kohlrabi calories per 100g
- Leek carbs per 100g
- Lettuce protein per 100g
- Lima beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does lotus root have?
- Calories in a half of mustard greens leaves
- Calories in whole mustard greens leaves
- Calories for one, two or more mustard greens leaves
- Calories in handful of mustard greens leaves
- How much protein in okra?