Brussels Sprouts vs Tomato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Brussels sprouts
At first glance, you can see that in Brussels sprouts is much more calories than in tomato.
Brussels sprouts has 43 kcal per 100g and tomato 18 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 139%.
In Brussels sprouts and in tomato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare Brussels sprouts with tomato in details.
Brussels sprouts And Tomato Nutrition Difference
Tomato vs Brussels sprouts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brussels sprouts||Tomato|
|Carbohydrates||8.95 g||3.9 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.8 g||1.2 g|
|Protein||3.38 g||0.9 g|
|Calcium||42 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||1.4 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||69 mg||24 mg|
|Potassium||389 mg||237 mg|
|Sodium||25 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||0.42 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.139 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.745 mg||0.594 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.219 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||61 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||85 mg||13 mg|
|Vitaminium K||177 mg||7.9 mg|
|Beta karoten||450 mg||101 mg|
More protein in Brussels sprouts
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brussels sprouts is more protein than in tomato.
There is 0.9g per 100g of tomato and 3.38g per 100g of Brussels sprouts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 276%.
More carbohydrates in Brussels sprouts
In Brussels sprouts is more carbohydrates than in tomato.
There is 3.9g/100g of carbohydrates in tomato and 8.95g/100g in Brussels sprouts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 129%.
More fat in Brussels sprouts
In Brussels sprouts is more fats than in tomato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.2g/100g of fats in tomato and 0.3g/100g in Brussels sprouts. In this case difference is about 50%.
- Carbohydrates8.95 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber3.8 g
- Protein3.38 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 69% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: tomato vs Brussels sprouts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
Brussels sprouts - 276% more than tomato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
Brussels sprouts - 25% more than tomato
- Vitaminium B6:
Brussels sprouts - 174% more than tomato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
Brussels sprouts - 307% more than tomato
- Vitaminium C:
Brussels sprouts - 554% more than tomato
- Vitaminium K:
Brussels sprouts - 2141% more than tomato
- Beta karoten:
Brussels sprouts - 346% more than tomato
Minerals: Brussels sprouts vs tomato
Brussels sprouts - 320% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 367% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 109% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 188% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 64% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 400% more than tomato
Brussels sprouts - 147% more than tomato
Compares of Brussels sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts vs Artichoke
- Brussels Sprouts vs Arugula
- Brussels Sprouts vs Asparagus
- Brussels Sprouts vs Beetroot
- Brussels Sprouts vs Pepper
- Brussels Sprouts vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of Brussels sprouts
Compares of tomato
- Calories from Brussels sprouts
- Calories of Butternut squash
- Calories in Cabbage
- Carrot calories per 100g
- Cassava carbs per 100g
- Cauliflower protein per 100g
- Fodder cabbage fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber have?
- Calories in a half of endive
- Calories in whole endive
- Calories for one, two or more endives
- How much protein in fava beans?
- Brussels Sprouts vs Watercress nutrition
- Brussels Sprouts vs Zucchini calories
- Brussels Sprouts vs Garlic protein
- Butternut Squash vs Cabbage sugar
- Butternut Squash vs Carrot vitamins
- Butternut Squash vs Cassava dietary fiber
- Butternut Squash vs Cauliflower vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Eggplant magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Kale potassium