Broccoli vs Carrot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Broccoli
At first glance, you can see that in broccoli is less calories than in carrot.
Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100g and carrot 41 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 21%.
In broccoli and in carrot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare broccoli with carrot in details.
Fact 2: Broccoli And Carrot Nutrition Difference
Carrot vs Broccoli: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.64 g||9.58 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||0.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||2.82 g||0.93 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||316 mg||320 mg|
|Sodium||33 mg||69 mg|
|Zink||0.41 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.071 mg||0.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.117 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.639 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.573 mg||0.273 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.175 mg||0.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||63 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||89.2 mg||5.9 mg|
|Vitaminium K||101.6 mg||13.2 mg|
|Beta karoten||361 mg||8285 mg|
More protein in broccoli
It is aslo easy to see see that in broccoli is more protein than in carrot.
There is 0.93g per 100g of carrot and 2.82g per 100g of broccoli so using simple math we can see that difference is about 203%.
Less carbohydrates in broccoli
In broccoli is less carbohydrates than in carrot.
There is 9.58g/100g of carbohydrates in carrot and 6.64g/100g in broccoli so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 44%.
More fat in broccoli
In broccoli is more fats than in carrot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.24g/100g of fats in carrot and 0.37g/100g in broccoli. In this case difference is about 54%.
- Carbohydrates6.64 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein2.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | flowerets | cup | half cup | 1 floweret
- 65% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: carrot vs broccoli
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): broccoli 8% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 102% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot 54% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B5: broccoli 110% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B6: broccoli 27% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): broccoli 232% more than carrot
- Vitaminium C: broccoli 1412% more than carrot
- Vitaminium K: broccoli 670% more than carrot
- Beta karoten: carrot 2195% more than broccoli
Minerals: broccoli vs carrot
Compares of broccoli
- Broccoli vs Artichoke
- Broccoli vs Arugula
- Broccoli vs Asparagus
- Broccoli vs Bamboo Shoots
- Broccoli vs Beetroot
- Broccoli vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of broccoli
Compares of carrot
- Calories from Broccoli
- Calories of Rapini
- Calories in Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash calories per 100g
- Cabbage carbs per 100g
- Carrot protein per 100g
- Cassava fat per 100g
- How many calories does cauliflower have?
- Calories in a half of cucumber
- Calories in whole cucumber
- Calories for one, two or more cucumbers
- Calories in slice of cucumber
- How much protein in eggplant?