Beetroot vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Beetroot
At first glance, you can see that in beetroot is much less calories than in potato.
Beetroot has 43 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 79%.
In beetroot and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare beetroot with potato in details.
Fact 2: Beetroot And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Beetroot: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.56 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.61 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||325 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||78 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.35 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.057 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.334 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.155 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||109 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.9 mg||19.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.2 mg||2 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||4 mg|
Less protein in beetroot
It is aslo easy to see see that in beetroot is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 1.61g per 100g of beetroot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27%.
Less carbohydrates in beetroot
In beetroot is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 9.56g/100g in beetroot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 83%.
More fat in beetroot
In beetroot is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.17g/100g in beetroot. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates9.56 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1.61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | slices | cup | boiled
- 83% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs beetroot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 161% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): beetroot 78% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 218% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B5: potato 80% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: potato 345% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 627% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: potato 302% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: potato 900% more than beetroot
- Beta karoten: beetroot 400% more than potato
Minerals: beetroot vs potato
Compares of beetroot
- Beetroot vs Artichoke
- Beetroot vs Arugula
- Beetroot vs Asparagus
- Beetroot vs Bamboo Shoots
- Beetroot vs Pepper
- Beetroot vs Broccoli
- see all compares of beetroot
Compares of potato
- Calories from Beetroot
- Calories of Red bell pepper
- Calories in Bitter melon
- Bok choy lettuce calories per 100g
- Calabash carbs per 100g
- Broccoli protein per 100g
- Rapini fat per 100g
- How many calories do Brussels sprouts have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage
- Calories in whole cabbage
- Calories for one, two or more cabbages
- How much protein in carrot?