Potato vs Zucchini: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Potato
At first glance, you can see that in potato is much more calories than in zucchini.
Potato has 77 kcal per 100g and zucchini 17 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 353%.
In potato and in zucchini most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare potato with zucchini in details.
Fact 2: Potato And Zucchini Nutrition Difference
Zucchini vs Potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.49 g||3.11 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.32 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||1 g|
|Protein||2.05 g||1.21 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.81 mg||0.37 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||57 mg||38 mg|
|Potassium||425 mg||261 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.081 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.032 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.061 mg||0.451 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.279 mg||0.204 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.298 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||15 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium C||19.7 mg||17.9 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2 mg||4.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||4 mg||120 mg|
More protein in potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in potato is more protein than in zucchini.
There is 1.21g per 100g of zucchini and 2.05g per 100g of potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 69%.
More carbohydrates in potato
In potato is more carbohydrates than in zucchini.
There is 3.11g/100g of carbohydrates in zucchini and 17.49g/100g in potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 462%.
Less fat in potato
In potato is less fats than in zucchini.
The tables above show us that there is 0.32g/100g of fats in zucchini and 0.1g/100g in potato. In this case difference is about 220%.
- Carbohydrates17.49 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.05 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 88% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: zucchini vs potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 80% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): zucchini 194% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 135% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B5: potato 37% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B6: potato 83% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): zucchini 60% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: potato 10% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium K: zucchini 115% more than potato
- Beta karoten: zucchini 2900% more than potato
Minerals: potato vs zucchini
Compares of potato
- Potato vs Artichoke
- Potato vs Asparagus
- Potato vs Bamboo Shoots
- Potato vs Beetroot
- Potato vs Pepper
- Potato vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of potato
Compares of zucchini
- Calories from Potato
- Calories of Pumpkin
- Calories in Purslane
- Salad chicory calories per 100g
- Radish carbs per 100g
- Rhubarb protein per 100g
- Salsify fat per 100g
- How many calories does shallot have?
- Calories in a half of corn
- Calories in whole corn
- Calories for one, two or more corn
- Calories in tablespoon of corn
- Calories in teaspoon of corn
- How much protein in sweet potato?