Potato vs Rutabaga: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Potato
At first glance, you can see that in potato is much more calories than in rutabaga.
Potato has 77 kcal per 100g and rutabaga 37 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 108%.
In potato and in rutabaga most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare potato with rutabaga in details.
Fact 2: Potato And Rutabaga Nutrition Difference
Rutabaga vs Potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.49 g||8.62 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.3 g|
|Protein||2.05 g||1.08 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||43 mg|
|Iron||0.81 mg||0.44 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||425 mg||305 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.081 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.032 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.061 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.298 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||15 mg||0.021 mg|
|Vitaminium C||19.7 mg||25 mg|
More protein in potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in potato is more protein than in rutabaga.
There is 1.08g per 100g of rutabaga and 2.05g per 100g of potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 90%.
More carbohydrates in potato
In potato is more carbohydrates than in rutabaga.
There is 8.62g/100g of carbohydrates in rutabaga and 17.49g/100g in potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 103%.
Less fat in potato
In potato is less fats than in rutabaga.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in rutabaga and 0.1g/100g in potato. In this case difference is about 60%.
- Carbohydrates17.49 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.05 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 88% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: rutabaga vs potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): rutabaga 11% more than potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): rutabaga 25% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 52% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B6: potato 198% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): potato 71329% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium C: rutabaga 27% more than potato
Minerals: potato vs rutabaga
Compares of potato
- Potato vs Artichoke
- Potato vs Asparagus
- Potato vs Bamboo Shoots
- Potato vs Beetroot
- Potato vs Pepper
- Potato vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of potato
Compares of rutabaga
- Calories from Potato
- Calories of Pumpkin
- Calories in Purslane
- Salad chicory calories per 100g
- Radish carbs per 100g
- Rhubarb protein per 100g
- Salsify fat per 100g
- How many calories does shallot have?
- Calories in a half of corn
- Calories in whole corn
- Calories for one, two or more corn
- Calories in tablespoon of corn
- Calories in teaspoon of corn
- How much protein in sweet potato?