Rutabaga vs Red Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Rutabaga
At first glance, you can see that in rutabaga is much less calories than in red potato.
Rutabaga has 37 kcal per 100g and red potato 70 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 89%.
In rutabaga and in red potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare rutabaga with red potato in details.
Fact 2: Rutabaga And Red potato Nutrition Difference
Red potato vs Rutabaga: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Rutabaga||Red potato|
|Carbohydrates||8.62 g||15.9 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||0.14 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.3 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.08 g||1.89 g|
|Water||89.43 g||80.96 g|
|Calcium||43 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.73 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||305 mg||455 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||1.149 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.1 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium C||25 mg||8.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.01 mg|
Less protein in rutabaga
It is aslo easy to see see that in rutabaga is less protein than in red potato.
There is 1.89g per 100g of red potato and 1.08g per 100g of rutabaga so using simple math we can see that difference is about 75%.
Less carbohydrates in rutabaga
In rutabaga is less carbohydrates than in red potato.
There is 15.9g/100g of carbohydrates in red potato and 8.62g/100g in rutabaga so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 84%.
More fat in rutabaga
In rutabaga is more fats than in red potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.14g/100g of fats in red potato and 0.16g/100g in rutabaga. In this case difference is about 14%.
- Carbohydrates8.62 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber2.3 g
- Protein1.08 g
- Water89.43 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 86% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: red potato vs rutabaga
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): rutabaga 11% more than red potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): rutabaga 29% more than red potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): red potato 64% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B6: red potato 70% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): rutabaga 17% more than red potato
- Vitaminium C: rutabaga 191% more than red potato
- Vitaminium E: rutabaga 2900% more than red potato
Minerals: rutabaga vs red potato
Compares of rutabaga
- Rutabaga vs Beetroot
- Rutabaga vs Cauliflower
- Rutabaga vs Kohlrabi
- Rutabaga vs Parsnips
- Rutabaga vs Potato
- Rutabaga vs Radish
- see all compares of rutabaga
Compares of red potato
- Calories from Rutabaga
- Calories of Dragon sushi roll
- Calories in California burrito
- Chicken tamale calories per 100g
- Chobani yogurt carbs per 100g
- Pringles protein per 100g
- Ahi Tuna fat per 100g
- How many calories does lobster salad have?
- Calories in a half of Klondike bar
- Calories in whole Klondike bar
- Calories for one, two or more Klondike bars
- How much protein in tuna pot pie?