Parmesan vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is just a little less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0%.
In Parmesan and in Swiss cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Parmesan And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Parmesan||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||25 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||26.96 g|
|Water||30 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.7 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||1.7 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33%.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 124%.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 24%.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 255% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Parmesan 10% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 323% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 28% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Swiss cheese 43% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 173% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: Parmesan 100% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: Parmesan vs Swiss cheese
- Calcium: Parmesan 33% more than Swiss cheese
- Iron: Parmesan 531% more than Swiss cheese
- Magnessium: Parmesan 33% more than Swiss cheese
- Phosphorus: Parmesan 21% more than Swiss cheese
- Potassium: Parmesan 28% more than Swiss cheese
- Sodium: Parmesan 528% more than Swiss cheese
- Zink: Parmesan 21% more than Swiss cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?