Parmesan vs Butter: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is much less calories than in butter.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and butter 717 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 83%.
In Parmesan and in butter most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with butter in details.
Fact 2: Parmesan And Butter Nutrition Difference
Butter vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||0.06 g|
|Fat||25 g||81.11 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||0.85 g|
|Water||30 g||16.17 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||24 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||0.02 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||2 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.7 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||1.7 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||2.32 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.007 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in butter.
There is 0.85g per 100g of butter and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4106%.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in butter.
There is 0.06g/100g of carbohydrates in butter and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5267%.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in butter.
The tables above show us that there is 81.11g/100g of fats in butter and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 224%.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: butter vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 680% more than butter
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Parmesan 876% more than butter
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 545% more than butter
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 2933% more than butter
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Parmesan 133% more than butter
- Vitaminium E: butter 955% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: butter 250% more than Parmesan
Minerals: Parmesan vs butter
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of butter
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?