Onion vs Zucchini: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Onion
At first glance, you can see that in onion is much more calories than in zucchini.
Onion has 40 kcal per 100g and zucchini 17 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 135%.
In onion and in zucchini most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare onion with zucchini in details.
Fact 2: Onion And Zucchini Nutrition Difference
Zucchini vs Onion: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.34 g||3.11 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.32 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||1 g|
|Protein||1.1 g||1.21 g|
|Calcium||23 mg||16 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||29 mg||38 mg|
|Potassium||146 mg||261 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||0.17 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.046 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.116 mg||0.451 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.123 mg||0.204 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.12 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium C||7.4 mg||17.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.02 mg||0.12 mg|
|Beta karoten||1 mg||120 mg|
Less protein in onion
It is aslo easy to see see that in onion is less protein than in zucchini.
There is 1.21g per 100g of zucchini and 1.1g per 100g of onion so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10%.
More carbohydrates in onion
In onion is more carbohydrates than in zucchini.
There is 3.11g/100g of carbohydrates in zucchini and 9.34g/100g in onion so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 200%.
Less fat in onion
In onion is less fats than in zucchini.
The tables above show us that there is 0.32g/100g of fats in zucchini and 0.1g/100g in onion. In this case difference is about 220%.
- Carbohydrates9.34 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein1.1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | sliced
- 88% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: zucchini vs onion
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): onion 2% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): zucchini 248% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): zucchini 289% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: zucchini 66% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: zucchini 36% more than onion
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): zucchini 26% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: zucchini 142% more than onion
- Vitaminium E: zucchini 500% more than onion
- Beta karoten: zucchini 11900% more than onion
Minerals: onion vs zucchini
Compares of onion
- Onion vs Asparagus
- Onion vs Beetroot
- Onion vs Bitter Melon
- Onion vs Bok Choy
- Onion vs Broccoli
- Onion vs Butternut Squash
- see all compares of onion
Compares of zucchini
- Calories from Onion
- Calories of Parsnips
- Calories in Peas
- Potato calories per 100g
- Pumpkin carbs per 100g
- Purslane protein per 100g
- Salad chicory fat per 100g
- How many calories does radish have?
- Calories in a half of salsify
- Calories in whole salsify
- Calories for one, two or more salsifies
- How much protein in shallot?