Onion vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Onion
At first glance, you can see that in onion is much less calories than in corn.
Onion has 40 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 115%.
In onion and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare onion with corn in details.
Fact 2: Onion And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Onion: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.34 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.1 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||23 mg||2 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||146 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.17 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.046 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.116 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.123 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.12 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||7.4 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.02 mg||0.07 mg|
|Beta karoten||1 mg||16 mg|
Less protein in onion
It is aslo easy to see see that in onion is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 1.1g per 100g of onion so using simple math we can see that difference is about 197%.
Less carbohydrates in onion
In onion is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 9.34g/100g in onion so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 100%.
Less fat in onion
In onion is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.1g/100g in onion. In this case difference is about 1250%.
- Carbohydrates9.34 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein1.1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | sliced
- 88% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs onion
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 237% more than onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): corn 104% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 1426% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: corn 483% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: onion 29% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 121% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: onion 9% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: corn 250% more than onion
- Beta karoten: corn 1500% more than onion
Minerals: onion vs corn
Compares of onion
- Onion vs Asparagus
- Onion vs Beetroot
- Onion vs Bitter Melon
- Onion vs Bok Choy
- Onion vs Broccoli
- Onion vs Butternut Squash
- see all compares of onion
Compares of corn
- Calories from Onion
- Calories of Parsnips
- Calories in Peas
- Potato calories per 100g
- Pumpkin carbs per 100g
- Purslane protein per 100g
- Salad chicory fat per 100g
- How many calories does radish have?
- Calories in a half of salsify
- Calories in whole salsify
- Calories for one, two or more salsifies
- How much protein in shallot?