Melon vs Grapes: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Melon
At first glance, you can see that in melon is much less calories than in grape.
Melon has 34 kcal per 100g and grape 69 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 103%.
In melon and in grape most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare melon with grape in details.
Fact 2: Melon And Grape Nutrition Difference
Grape vs Melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.6 g||18 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||0.9 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||0.72 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.36 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||191 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.069 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.026 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.188 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.105 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.086 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||21 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||10.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.19 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.5 mg||14.6 mg|
|Beta karoten||2020 mg||39 mg|
More protein in melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in melon is more protein than in grape.
There is 0.72g per 100g of grape and 0.84g per 100g of melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17%.
Less carbohydrates in melon
In melon is less carbohydrates than in grape.
There is 18g/100g of carbohydrates in grape and 8.6g/100g in melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 109%.
More fat in melon
In melon is more fats than in grape.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in grape and 0.19g/100g in melon. In this case difference is about 19%.
- Carbohydrates8.6 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: grape vs melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): grape 306% more than melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): grape 169% more than melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): melon 290% more than grape
- Vitaminium B5: melon 110% more than grape
- Vitaminium B6: grape 19% more than melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): melon 950% more than grape
- Vitaminium C: melon 240% more than grape
- Vitaminium E: grape 280% more than melon
- Vitaminium K: grape 484% more than melon
- Beta karoten: melon 5079% more than grape
Minerals: melon vs grape
Compares of melon
- Melon vs Apple
- Melon vs Apricot
- Melon vs Avocado
- Melon vs Banana
- Melon vs Blueberries
- Melon vs Cherries
- see all compares of melon
Compares of grape
- Calories from Melon
- Calories of Cherimoya
- Calories in Cherry
- Cranberry calories per 100g
- Dates carbs per 100g
- Durian protein per 100g
- Black lilac fat per 100g
- How many calories does fejhoa have?
- Calories in handful of Goji berries
- Calories in tablespoon of Goji berries
- Calories in teaspoon of Goji berries
- How much protein in gooseberry?