Mango vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Mango
At first glance, you can see that in mango is much more calories than in watermelon.
Mango has 70 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 133%.
In mango and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare mango with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Mango And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Mango: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.27 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.5 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||10 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.13 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||156 mg||112 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.04 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.058 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.584 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.16 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.134 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||14 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||27.7 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.12 mg||0.05 mg|
|Beta karoten||17 mg||303 mg|
Less protein in mango
It is aslo easy to see see that in mango is less protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.5g per 100g of mango so using simple math we can see that difference is about 20%.
More carbohydrates in mango
In mango is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 17g/100g in mango so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 124%.
More fat in mango
In mango is more fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.27g/100g in mango. In this case difference is about 80%.
- Carbohydrates17 g
- Fat0.27 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein0.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 94% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs mango
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mango 76% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mango 228% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B5: watermelon 38% more than mango
- Vitaminium B6: mango 198% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): mango 367% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: mango 242% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium E: mango 2140% more than watermelon
- Beta karoten: watermelon 1682% more than mango
Minerals: mango vs watermelon
Compares of mango
- Mango vs Apple
- Mango vs Apricot
- Mango vs Avocado
- Mango vs Banana
- Mango vs Blackberry
- Mango vs Blackcurrants
- see all compares of mango
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Mango
- Calories of Mangosteen
- Calories in Mulberry
- Nectarine calories per 100g
- Orange carbs per 100g
- Papaya protein per 100g
- Passion fruit fat per 100g
- How many calories does peach have?
- Calories in a half of persimmon
- Calories in whole persimmon
- Calories for one, two or more persimmon fruits
- How much protein in pineapple?