Ground Beef vs Flank Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Ground beef
At first glance, you can see that in ground beef is more calories than in flank steak.
Ground beef has 247 kcal per 100g and flank steak 192 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 29%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in ground beef cames from fat and in flank steak from protein.
See tables below to compare ground beef with flank steak in details.
Fact 2: Ground beef And Flank steak Nutrition Difference
Flank steak vs Ground beef: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Ground beef||Flank steak|
|Fat||19.07 g||8.23 g|
|Protein||17.44 g||27.66 g|
|Water||62.58 g||64.17 g|
|Calcium||17 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||1.97 mg||1.74 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||274 mg||339 mg|
|Sodium||66 mg||56 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.043 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.151 mg||0.133 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.305 mg||7.363 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.328 mg||0.579 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.17 mg||0.38 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in ground beef
It is aslo easy to see see that in ground beef is less protein than in flank steak.
There is 27.66g per 100g of flank steak and 17.44g per 100g of ground beef so using simple math we can see that difference is about 59%.
More fat in ground beef
In ground beef is more fats than in flank steak.
The tables above show us that there is 8.23g/100g of fats in flank steak and 19.07g/100g in ground beef. In this case difference is about 132%.
- Fat19.07 g
- Protein17.44 g
- Water62.58 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 0% CARBS.
- 29% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: flank steak vs ground beef
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): flank steak 74% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): ground beef 14% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): flank steak 71% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium B6: flank steak 77% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): flank steak 29% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium E: flank steak 124% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium K: ground beef 100% more than flank steak
Minerals: ground beef vs flank steak
Compares of ground beef
- Ground Beef vs Chicken
- Ground Beef vs Chicken Breast
- Ground Beef vs Turkey Meat
- Ground Beef vs Pork
- Ground Beef vs Minced Beef
- Ground Beef vs Veal
- see all compares of ground beef
Compares of flank steak
- Ground Beef vs Venison nutrition
- Bacon vs Turkey Bacon calories
- Ribeye Steak vs Roast Beef protein
- Ribeye Steak vs Sirloin Steak sugar
- Ribeye Steak vs Brisket vitamins
- Ribeye Steak vs Lamb Chop dietary fiber
- Ribeye Steak vs Flank Steak vitaminium C
- Ribeye Steak vs T-Bone Steak magnessium
- Ribeye Steak vs Skirt Steak potassium