Turkey vs Ground Beef: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Turkey meat
At first glance, you can see that in turkey meat is much less calories than in ground beef.
Turkey meat has 161 kcal per 100g and ground beef 247 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 53%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in turkey meat cames from protein and in ground beef from fat.
See tables below to compare turkey meat with ground beef in details.
Fact 2: Turkey meat And Ground beef Nutrition Difference
Ground beef vs Turkey meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Turkey||Ground beef|
|Fat||7.43 g||19.07 g|
|Protein||21.96 g||17.44 g|
|Water||70.68 g||62.58 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.75 mg||1.97 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||17 mg|
|Potassium||223 mg||274 mg|
|Sodium||105 mg||66 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.038 mg||0.043 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.139 mg||0.151 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.968 mg||4.305 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.711 mg||0.328 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.17 mg|
More protein in turkey meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in turkey meat is more protein than in ground beef.
There is 17.44g per 100g of ground beef and 21.96g per 100g of turkey meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
Less fat in turkey meat
In turkey meat is less fats than in ground beef.
The tables above show us that there is 19.07g/100g of fats in ground beef and 7.43g/100g in turkey meat. In this case difference is about 157%.
- Fat7.43 g
- Protein21.96 g
- Water70.68 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 57% PROTEIN
- 43% FAT
Vitamins: ground beef vs turkey meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): ground beef 13% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): ground beef 9% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): turkey meat 108% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium B6: turkey meat 117% more than ground beef
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): ground beef 0% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium E: ground beef 143% more than turkey meat
Minerals: turkey meat vs ground beef
Compares of turkey meat
- Turkey Meat vs Chicken
- Turkey Meat vs Duck Meat
- Turkey Meat vs Goose Meat
- Turkey Meat vs Minced Pork
- Turkey Meat vs Veal
- Turkey Meat vs Rabbit
- see all compares of turkey meat
Compares of ground beef
- Calories from Turkey
- Calories of Pineapple juice
- Calories in Flounder (fillet, meat)
- Argan oil calories per 100g
- Haddock carbs per 100g
- Protein bar protein per 100g
- Udon noodles fat per 100g
- How many calories do salad greens have?
- Calories in a half of caesar chicken wrap
- Calories in whole caesar chicken wrap
- Calories for one, two or more caesar chicken wraps
- How much protein in trail mix?